Baby Names!!

glamdoll

Im just curious why did you name your child his name?
after a relative? Famous person? Place? I always like
stories behind names. And for those who dont have kids
do you have any names in mind?

Ok Ill go first.

My sons name is : Noah Wayne

Noah was chosen by his grandma ( i never liked the name before)
we were going to name him Keoni but in samoan keo means poop.
so at the hospital we still had no name in mind and just went w what his gramma said.
Wayne I chose, after my father in law that had recently passed away. I didnt get to meet him but I felt like he had a connection with my son.

~LadyLocks~

Ok I'll go...

We named our daughter Saezha Lynee (pronunced like Say-jah Linay) because it's very unique and we wanted something that no one had. Saezha was made up so if we hear it on another kid then we know they got it from us lol. Lynee was because my middle name is Lynn so I thought Lynee would be almost like mine but better haha.

Now were like great, how are we gonna compete with this for our next kid loll.

mzcelaneous

Our daughter's first name was taken from a Mortal Kombat character, just spelled differently. Any guesses?
winks.gif

Her middle name is Grace (thus her nickname) and that came from my best friend's middle name/nickname.

claresauntie

Ara Rebecca, my daughter, was named after the 4 ancesters I have with the same name. It was a fairly popular name back in the 1800s, at least in the area where my family lived. In fact, only 3 of the Ara Rebeccas in my family are related to us by blood. One married into the family!

The name "Ara" hasn't hit the Social Security list of top 100 names since 1904, I think. So, we got the old-fashioned name I wanted without having the world's 7-hundred millionth Emma.
smiles.gif

*disclaimer: no offense meant to anyone whose name is Emma or who loves an Emma or who named their daughter Emma. I am a "Jenny" so I just didn't want my daughter to have the same name as 4 other kids in her class, like I always did!*

sTaRRYeYeD

Im having my first baby in one week. And me and my fiance chose Aleena Marie Nevaeh.

Aleena- Is a name that we both really liked. We never really heard it before and it just stuck with her right away.

Marie- LMAO. Well because I love Teena Marie. And I said Aleena kinda sounds like Teena. So we added the Marie.

Nevaeh pronounced Nuh-Vay - I liked that name before it even got close to being popular. I still to this day say I made it up. But people stole it from me!

KAIA

I don't have any kids yet... but I have my list of names already..LOL

my bf and me actually made this list..

girl name: Mia (mine in spanish, since i'm latin)
boy name: Nikolai (bulgarian form of Nicholas, since he is bulgarian, and his brother's name is like this)

but I really like this other 2 names, problem is he HATES THEM!!

girl: Snezhana = bulgarian girl name
boy: Damian= i just looooove this name!

Showgirl

I don't personally have any children, but there's a nice tradition in my family that girl children are named after Scottish islands - that's how I got my own first name - Shona - and how other women in my family got the first names Morven, Iona and Skye.....cute, isn't it?

My parents always joke that I should count myself lucky I wasn't named "Muck" or "Egg", as these are also names of Scottish islands, lol!

Personally I like old-fashioned, Victorian sounding names for girls - Emily, Victoria, Elizabeth, Amelia, Lucy - and traditional Scottish names for boys - Douglas, Cameron, Donald, Kieran, Connor, Euan, Gordon.

I also particularly love the italian "Chiara" as a name for a little girl - it means "bright", "clear" or "shiny" - how cute!

Kimberleigh

I'm having a baby in January.

If it's a boy, his name will be Alexander Seamus (I wanted Hamish; my grandfather was Scottish, but my husband hated it. We compromised and went with Seamus instead).

If it's a girl, her name will be Terren Isla.

triccc

I had a little girl back in December and her name is Makenzie Bela.

I originally wanted Presley for her first name, but my boyfriend didn't like it so much. So we decided on Makenzie. Bela is after the actor that played Dracula, Bela Lugosi.

If she was going to be a boy, her nme probably would have been Damien James. Damien, son of satan (haha) and James was my boyfriend's middle name.

karen diggins

I have a three year old son. His name is Casey Edward Diggins Jr.
We named him Casey after My husband and edward for my grandfather and father and my husbands best friend. Its tradition in my family and my husbands to name the first boy after his father. But if we had a girl her name would of been Samantha Elizabeth Diggins. After my Best friend.

Chic 2k6

i dont have a kid but my niece is called Makayla Grace - my sister's boyfriend wanted a south african name and besides he refused to do any compromise on the name, my sis had to force him to let her have at least Grace in the name (Makayla was gonna be Lily Grace)

Suzyn

My daugher is Hollyn Elyzabeth

Hollyn I found in a baby book

Elyzabeth (I have a thing for y's, her's was originally spelled w/ an i) was my aunt's middle name. She was my father's only sister that died of diabetes when I was 16, she was 38. Juvenile diabetes since she was 7, could never have any children of her own, so she was like my second mother.

Other names I thought about for her were Fallon, Taryn, Karleigh, Keelin, & Branwynn. If she had been a boy her name would have been Dryden Rhys or Elijah Nikolai (the combination of two Billy Zane characters, I used to have a thing for him).

Bybs

My 2 year old daughter is called Carys Dakota. Carys is derived from Welsh caru meaning "love"

Hilly

I dont have kids either, but I LOVE the name Malachi...my fiancee hates it!!!
I always had baby names, but one of my baby names i pickde out way before i even knew my fiance ends up being his ex gf's name. Rats!

panda0410

My 16 week old baby girls name is Chenoa Caitlyn Helena
smiles.gif
She got Chenoa which means dove after our son Callum which also means dove - Callum died when he was a baby, but he just so special to us and she looks a lot like him
ssad.gif
Then she got alternate/synonymous names Caitlyn after Petes nana Catherine, she was special to him, and Helena after my nana Helen, she was such an inspiration to me!!

knoxydoll

I don't have kids, but I've never truly set any names in stone for my kids. I would like to name my first son Dawson or Allan in memory of my father. But other than that I've just always wanted traditional Scottish and Irish names for both boys and girls. Unfortunately my boyfriend is Jewish and has a last name that not many Scottish and Irish names flow with well.
He does however want to name his first son Spiderman. I said jokingly that it could be the kids middle name. I'm going to have to talk him out of it somehow. Parker would be a fine compromise. His mother would kill him anyways.

alurabella

Madeline Alura- Madeline was picked by my husband, and we found out after agreeing to it that it means "trower of strength", which is what my husband's name means also! (His name is Brian). Her middle name means Hallelujah, and it's also my middle name, and my grandmother's first name.

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzcelaneous
Our daughter's first name was taken from a Mortal Kombat character, just spelled differently. Any guesses?
winks.gif

Her middle name is Grace (thus her nickname) and that came from my best friend's middle name/nickname.

I'm going to guess Meleena or Ashrah?

kaliraksha

My baby girl's name will be (someday in the future) Leilla. Leila means night in arabic... it is a name I have loved since middle school and I think it sounds beautiful. When I play a game I always use the name Leilla. I will kindly let the significant other choose the middle name. Hehe. So far he likes Anu, Mia (as well) and Rani (after his mom).

ductapemyheartt

i do not have kids, but i will name my daughter juliette rainbow.
and if i have a son i will name him sebastien.

i really love french names.