Back-Arm bumps.

Onederland

Most people have them, and they're annoying.

I've never really payed any attention to the "help" sections in magazines until now.

How do you get rid of them?

joey_zane

Being the Lush addict that I am I use Buffy the Backside Slayer by Lush... it's an exfoliating solid body butter that both exfoliates and moisutises (it's base is cocoa butter)
thmbup.gif

Shawna

They are from a genetic condition whose name I forgot. I have them too. They are caused b/c your skin doesn't slough off as fast as normal skin. If I remember to exfoliate everyday, they go away. I use totally juicy grapefruit body scrub. It is cheap, and really helps. I have also heard great things about Cake brown sugar scrub, but I haven't tried it yet. I always spend my money on makeup................

beautifulxdisaster

my friend has those, her doctor says she can't get rid of them but my friend uses a acne facewash from neautrogena, The orange one and it is working okay.

Isabel

I was just talking about this with my mother the other day. I thought it was some sort of dry skin, but she told me it is genetic like Shawna said.

Where can you buy these cheap scrubs? At drug stores?

sophie-au

Shawna and Isabel are right - it is genetic.

It's called Keratosis Pilaris. It's tough to tackle because most people don't realise you need to exfoliate AND moisturise to keep it at bay. If you only exfoliate or only moisturise, it won't be enough.

A physical scrub (i.e manual exfoliation) is not the best method when dealing with KP. It requires something that can dissolve lipids like a salicylic acid (BHA) body wash.

Constant maintenance is required or it just comes back.

More info can be found at:

http://www.keratosispilaris.org/

If you're squeamish, be noted some of the pics on info pages may disturb you.

HTHS!

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie-au
Shawna and Isabel are right - it is genetic.

It's called Keratosis Pilaris. It's tough to tackle because most people don't realise you need to exfoliate AND moisturise to keep it at bay. If you only exfoliate or only moisturise, it won't be enough.

A physical scrub (i.e manual exfoliation) is not the best method when dealing with KP. It requires something that can dissolve lipids like a salicylic acid (BHA) body wash.

Constant maintenance is required or it just comes back.

More info can be found at:

http://www.keratosispilaris.org/

If you're squeamish, be noted some of the pics on info pages may disturb you.

HTHS!

a doctor once told me these bumps were caused by not having enough zinc in your body.

PnkCosmo

Def. get a good body scrub and lotion.

I've been using a body scrub by bibo and I really like it. I just used it up and am going to try a new sugar scrub by BedHead.

talk2mesun

i recently moved from florida to tennessee, and i have this problem as well, and in florida i felt out of place because i never saw anybody else with this condition but once i moved up here to hicksville usa :p it seems almost EVERYONE has it. one thing i have noticed is if i get sun on my arms, which is where i suffer from it the most, theyll temporarily go away yet come back within a week. AND I THOUGHT THEY SAID TANNING WAS BAD? J/K. Im sure it has something to do with the sun burning off layers of skin and being bad and all of that fun stuff, but I was curious to see if anybody else noticed a correlation between their sun exposure and reduction of the ugly bumpy mess!?

AlliSwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by talk2mesun
i recently moved from florida to tennessee, and i have this problem as well, and in florida i felt out of place because i never saw anybody else with this condition but once i moved up here to hicksville usa :p it seems almost EVERYONE has it. one thing i have noticed is if i get sun on my arms, which is where i suffer from it the most, theyll temporarily go away yet come back within a week. AND I THOUGHT THEY SAID TANNING WAS BAD? J/K. Im sure it has something to do with the sun burning off layers of skin and being bad and all of that fun stuff, but I was curious to see if anybody else noticed a correlation between their sun exposure and reduction of the ugly bumpy mess!?

YES! I hate to tan because I know how bad it is for me, and now that I'm confident enough to be the pale girl that I am, I don't go to the tanning bed unless I am going on vacation and don't want to have a KILLER sunburn--then I just go for a week or two. HOWEVER, when I do get a tan, I notice my skin is a lot tougher and less susceptible to ingrown hairs, KP, even little scratches on my skin don't turn into a red mess for days. But I think cancer is definitely more evil than being a little red and bumpy from time to time!

BaDaSs llTiNall

i have them tooo !!! i always wear long sleeve shirts..
they make me feel VERY insecure about my skin !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru-chan
I have them on my arms but if I use a scrub, body lotion and salicylic acid gel they go away.

What kind of lotion and salicylic acid gel do you use?

Miss_MAC

i have these bumps too...and Neutrogenas Body Clear Body Scrub works good because it has salicylic acid in it! it worksand its a good price!

sincitylulu

Try Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Body Cream with Alpha Hydroxy, I had the same problem and it worked no more bumps on the back of my arms.

lori

i usually just use a scrub and they seem to disappear. i use just a cheap boots brand but it's good. buffy from lush is amazing!!!!