Back to where I started- new foundation help

CrissyM

I used to wear Studio Fix Fluid/powder in NC25...was nice for coverage but it transferred and came out too yellow.

I came here to search for something new and got Revlon's Colorstay combination in Sand Beige
n571853518_1127297_270.jpg

Good a few years ago but I've received a bunch of comments about how it's too light and how my neck is shades darker. :(

No makeup:
164310_468674213518_571853518_5702292_2769811_n.jpg

My cheeks and nose can be pink especially in cold weather. I'm looking for lasting coverage for that , plus blemishes [ under eye maybe?) I'm no good at matching my skin tone and need some suggestions. Perhaps something at Sephora or CVS. Thank you for any help!

AiriMagdalene

Alright, well, we're kinda vague here. What is your skin type? Is it sensitive? Acne prone? Dry? Oily? Combination? What kind of finish do you prefer? Matte? Satin? I mean, I kinda have to do a lot of guesswork here, but trying to take in account the fact that both of those pictures have vastly different lighting and trying to take the flash out of the first one, I would say Make Up For Ever Face & Body in Golden Beige. I don't remember what the number is for it, I just know that's what they have for it on Sephora's website. I could be wrong though. Feel free to send me a skin sample and I'll match your foundation. :p

CrissyM

Ooh sorry! I knew I missed something D:

I'm combo, not sensitive and a little acne prone. I think matte would be better?

I'm trying to dig up photos with no makeup on. Skin is a little pink.

http://l4.sphotos.l3.fbcdn.net/hphotos-l3-snc1/hs162.snc1/6056_97009738518_571853518_2104721_546453_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v133/219/95/571853518/n571853518_145188_5399.jpg

I'll go look that up right now :D thanks

MzzRach

Are you looking for a powder formulation like Studio Fix, or are you open to different formulas - liquid, cream, etc.?

LC

honestly i think the foundation looks beautiful on you, looking at the picture i never would have thought to myself that it was too light. It just looks like the flash of your camera is on your face. does it seem to match when you look in the mirror? idk...

I've heard really great things about MUFE's HD foundation, but I can't be any help as to what color you'd get cause i'm just not familiar enough with them

AiriMagdalene

Allllright! Thundercats are gooooooooooo! In that case, I'd say MUFE Mat Velvet + in number 45. I'm pretty confident in that answer. Since you're a little acne prone and have combination skin, HD isn't going to really do much for you. I adore MUFE, but the coverage for what it is doesnt really impress me at all, and it's not very mattifying. I think you're gonna have good luck with that one.

Sarah Afshar

Bobbi Brown's Skin Foundation with SPF 15 is incredible. It actually cleared up my skin. I would wear this workout in and I never had clogged pores. The coverage is also nice. I would assume you are "Cool Beige" however; I can't really determine if so. I would recommend going to your nearest Bobbi Brown counter and getting matched.

iluvmac

Try Nars Sheer Glow foundation, it's fantastic! As for the colour, I'd try Punjab, but it'd be better to get samples.