Banning Pit Bulls

xtiffineyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalunia
I couldn't agree more with the comments about stupid dog owners. They should be banned, not the poor dogs. My boyfriend is a proud owner of a 3 year old pitbull who is always behaved. He has been taking training classes with him and knows to respect his master and now even listens to me
smiles.gif
. But, to get respct you must earn it, and that is especially true in case of a dog and his master.

I live in Chicago and this debate has been going on for ages. The sad this is, criminals here often kidnap the poor dogs to use them for dog fights, or simply dont treat them properly. My boyfriend was walking his pit downtown one day when some guys came up to him with a knife and tried to take the dog away. Thankfully, Rex growled well enough to scare them off, but what can a criminal like that possibly teach that dog?

OMG! That's so scary! That seriously gave me chill bumps when I read that. It makes me want to cry knowing that people want them just so they can abuse them.
cry.gif

stacylynne

It's not the dog, it the irresponsible Dog Owners. Any animal can be aggresive. It's how they're raised.

This is why I hate people & love animals.

_Ella_

wow these topics always get me! I don't feel for BSL, because after my breed is gone, yours will probably be next! So I hope the pro-bsl advocates think of that.

Another point, I'm very happy to live in a country where the government is smart enough to know discrimination is a bad thing. The Netherlands got rid of BSL on the 8th of june!
yahoo.gif
thmbup.gif
No more racism, but from now on it will be "punish the deed, not the breed", as it should be!

I train around lots and lots of other breeds, but I prefer an Amstaff/pitbull over many others. They are probably one of the most intelligent breeds and that gives them that little personality that distinguishes them from most dogs.

Andyenik1.jpg
I'm so happy the Dutch government keeps my family complete!
flower.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtiffineyx
OMG! That's so scary! That seriously gave me chill bumps when I read that. It makes me want to cry knowing that people want them just so they can abuse them.
cry.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylynne
It's not the dog, it the irresponsible Dog Owners. Any animal can be aggresive. It's how they're raised.

This is why I hate people & love animals.

Yeah, I tend to be a bleeding heart when it comes to animals. I think whoever abuses an animal should have the same done right back to them. An eye for an eye.

NicksWifey

As a pit owner, I feel it's all in the PERSON who owns the dog, not the dog. There are some dogs that are more aggressive and territorial than others, but honestly, it's all in the person and how they raise and treat the dog. I'm from Virginia where Michael Vick (NFL player) brutually fought pitbulls in his home and tortured them. I have NO RESPECT or mercy for anyone who wants a pitbull for the sole purpose of raising it to fight. It's disgusting, but it's a sad reality.
I love pitbulls and one day when the time comes and mine passes away like all living things do, I will own another. They are so much fun and I don't treat my pitbull any differently than I do my yorkshire terrier.

How could you mistreat a face like this? (My pitbull, Shockey)

untitled-1.jpg

k.a.t

I own a Staff myself, and i find it ridiculous that people often see these breeds as 'killing machines'. They aren't. It's the owners who are stupid, stupid and irresponsible. My staff is so sweet and loving, he wouldn't hurt a fly, so i agree 'punish the deed not the breed'.

Bottom line is: THEY ARE ANIMALS AND WILL REACT IF THEY FEEL ATTACKED OR THREATENED - that's how an animal's mind work right? They aren't evil, they don't 'think', that's why it's up to the owner to make sure his/her pet won't come to this. Though it's not always the owner, it's uneducated people who for example, tease the dog and then expect the dog to just sit there and take it - it's a dog, you annoy it chances are ur gonna get bit.

k.a.t

BTW the two pics of pits posted above are adorable
tong.gif

(the second 1 really looks like my Tyson
greengrin.gif
)