Bare Escentuals Hydrating Mineral Veil

xStarryEyedX

You're paying $29 for the mineral veil and the brush. The brush alone is worth the $29...

And yes, it' worth it. Especially if you have dry skin.

sfmakeupjunkie

It has water encapsulated silica in it so that is giving the feeling of cool water when you brush it on. While it may not actually moisturize your skin is definitely won't feel as drying as regular mineral veil does to you.

abbyquack

Thanks ladies! I went to my Bare Escentuals counter today and they said they sold out really quickly, as did sephora.com. I got on a pre-order list for their next shipment which should be in in the next 2 weeks or so...the girl also said that in April they're releasing a full-size container and the brush separately b/c it's been that popular!

MrsRjizzle

I went into the store and they put this on my hand. It was a cool sensation but a little griddy. I wasnt expecting that....

xStarryEyedX

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
Thanks ladies! I went to my Bare Escentuals counter today and they said they sold out really quickly, as did sephora.com. I got on a pre-order list for their next shipment which should be in in the next 2 weeks or so...the girl also said that in April they're releasing a full-size container and the brush separately b/c it's been that popular!

That happened in my store too.. I didn't even have time to get one, and I freaking work there!!

abbyquack

I found this at Ulta today and grabbed one immediately! I'm going to try it with my other bare minerals makeup tomorrow, but I tried it today a little bit and wow it really does feel like moisture on my face! I'll let you all know how I feel!
smiles.gif

Anyone with oily skin tried it? I feel like it doesn't mattify my oily skin. I actually feel like it does nothing. And I feel like the white brush it comes with doesn't hold the product in the brush well enough to distribute it on your face.

chihullomac

Anyone with oily skin tried it? I feel like it doesn't mattify my oily skin. I actually feel like it does nothing. And I feel like the white brush it comes with doesn't hold the product in the brush well enough to distribute it on your face.

did it make you look more oily???

Oxana124

I have been really curious about this as well, since I have really dry skin. However, from my past experience, silica dries me out since it is a really good oil absorber and is typically used in oily skin formulations. Is this silica somehow different?
I also saw Josie Maran has a similar powder on QVC.