base help

alysia

so I bought Shell CCB to use as an eyeshadow base, but I've noticed creasing
ssad.gif
what else is a good base? MAC only.

BlahWah

You could try shadesticks, or the prep & prime eye (but that may crease too). Beige-ing is a versatile base (or so I hear, as I don't have it). The paints are also good, I think either Bare Canvas or Stilife (sp?) are good to go w/ virtually any e/s (again, 2nd-hand info). HTH!

JLEEMARKOWITZ

did you ever get a shadestick? like i said i swear by my beige-ing shadestick,no creasing and it will keep your eyeshadow on & make it more vivid!

alysia

I tried Lucky Jade & I hated it
ssad.gif
I did the MAC chat and she recc'd Bare Canvas paint I may try that
smiles.gif

JLEEMARKOWITZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysia
I tried Lucky Jade & I hated it
ssad.gif
I did the MAC chat and she recc'd Bare Canvas paint I may try that
smiles.gif

i think lucky jade and beige-ing may have a slight diff. texture,however paints will work great as well! hope it works this time
smiles.gif

Nikki0211

Yeah, I was going to say pay attention to how much ccb you use. The color payoff with ccbs are great but it does crease if you use too much. I've started using a paint like Bare Canvas and then using just a little ccb on top if I still want that color. I love shadesticks also, but I noticed you said you hated Lucky Jade. I'd suggest maybe trying out Beige-ing and see if you like it any better, because I love my shadesticks. Hope that helped.
smiles.gif

Jennifer Mcfly

I always use Bare Canvas paint first, then lightly dab a little CCB over that. You really don't need alot of the CCB just a light then layer is good. But try it over a paint and it'll be fabulous!!

alysia

I don't use alot of ccb, barely enough to cover my finger
ssad.gif
I tried differnt strengths all to the same effect. Hmm, I'll try it over Bare Canvas when I get it though
smiles.gif