Beauty Blender Sponge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursee81
^ Thank you. I did the same thing and the closes one was about 45 mins away and they had jacked up the price for the single one with the cleaner it was $45. I bought off drugstore.com and got free shipping and a $5 credit for it being my first time so I got the double sponge and the cleaner for $35. I will let you guys know how I like it. I am really looking forward to it.

What a great deal!!
th_DANCE.gif
Please let us know what you think.

I bought just the sponge. It comes with a sample of the cleanser, so I thought I would try it first.

I really like the beauty blender so far. I used to always use mineral makeup, but I am using this with my MUFE HD. I really like the finish it gives.

user79

I was interested in buying one a few months ago when I first heard about it but when you do the math it's incredibly expensive for a freakin sponge. You'll probably have to replace it within 2-3 months from what I have read, and for that kind of money you'll have purchased many MAC brushes in the timespan of a year. I dunno, I'm sure it gives a nice finish but it seems way way overpriced.

BloodMittens

I think the original beautyblender may be a bit much in the price range for me. But I have the Sonia Kashuk one, and I absolutely love it. I use it with my Studio Sculpt, and I find that it doesn't eat up as much as my regular disposable sponges. So it's definitely worth the $10 I spent on it. I even use it with my Mineralize Natural Pressed Powder, and it gives a GREAT airbrushed look. I was sold the first time I used it
tong.gif

It CAN be tedious though, because you must wash it after every use. :/ It's the only thing I don't like about it, it takes awhile to apply. Luckily for me I only wear foundation every other day, so I find no problem taking the time to put this on and wash it before I leave
smiles.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursee81
Does anyone else know where I can get one sephora said it could be up to a month before they get a new shipment.

Sephora has it in now.

SakurasamaLover

Wow just received mines a couple days ago and after use I must say that it's love. I use studio sculpt and the application is ridiculously easy with it. I dampen it, use small amounts, easy and perfect, really happy. Cut the work in half for this foundation at least.

Expensive thought and I think you can replace the pricey blender cleanser by any good cleanser...

chocolategoddes

I'm sure it's great but it's definitely overpriced.
I'm gonna wait for a while when I can find the same exact thing for $5.

chickatthegym

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziebetha
I tried the sonia kashuk one. I like the look it gave me, I still need to experiment with different foundations. The sonia kashuk one doesn't puff up like the beauty blender, but its half the price.

Here's the website... you can look on here and see if they have it anywhere near you, and you can also order online.

beautyblender

M.A.C.tastic

Just an FYI, I know there are mixed reviews but I have to try this for myself. Im a MUA so I wanted the 2 for kit with the cleanser but can't justify the $40 + shipping.

Anyway, I just bought it off of drugstore/beauty.com and they are having 10% off beauty products, plus $5.00 off $30.00 or more, plus free shipping on orders over $25. In the end, with shipping the pack of 2 BeautyBlenders with the 5oz cleanser came to $30.96...just in case anyone wants to buy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C.tastic
Just an FYI, I know there are mixed reviews but I have to try this for myself. Im a MUA so I wanted the 2 for kit with the cleanser but can't justify the $40 + shipping.

Anyway, I just bought it off of drugstore/beauty.com and they are having 10% off beauty products, plus $5.00 off $30.00 or more, plus free shipping on orders over $25. In the end, with shipping the pack of 2 BeautyBlenders with the 5oz cleanser came to $30.96...just in case anyone wants to buy it!

Wow! What a great deal.

L1LMAMAJ

tried it damp and i love it! tried it dry and it was eh. definitely works better damp. i'm still testing it out. never thought i would buy a $20 sponge. at least it's not the disposable kind. =P

jackie100

I have it and I never use the 187 for foundation anymore (instead I use the one i used to use for foundation for blush) since getting the beautyblender.

The BB leaves a much more flawless look in my opinion and my makeup looks more seamless while the 187 is more streakier.

LaVixxen

To me its the same as using a great sponge. Nothing to rave about, Id rather use a cheap sponge or my mac foundation brush.

L1LMAMAJ

I've been using this sponge damp for the past week or two. I like how it makes my skin look but for 19 dollars, the price is too steep.

AmberElizabeth

I freakin LOVE my BB. It leaves a flawless finish and I use it with my Stuido Fix liquid or Revlon Colorstay foundation. A good investment, but honestly the Sonia Kashuk beauty sponge is just as good. So if you don't want to spend the money on the BB, pick up the Sonia Kashuk one at Target
smiles.gif

joojoobss

^ i have both the sonia kashuk and the beauty blender, i have to say i like the beauty blender MUCH better. the bb is so much softer than the sonia kashuk, when i bought the sonia kashuk one and ran it under water, it didnt seem to get much bigger versus the bb where it doubled in size. Usage wise, i prefer the bb, i think i only used my sonia kashuk sponge 3-4 times and i stopped.

i usually apply my foundation with my finger if im in a rush, and use the sponge to blend out the edges, works BEAUTIFULLY.
My complain is, i feel like i have to wash it out every time i use it or else it just feels dirty. I didnt buy the cleanser for the bb, im just using some drugstore makeup remover, which works REALLY well, for those of you, including myself, that think the cleanser is wayyyyyy toooo expensive.

nursee81

I like the beauty blender alot. I know its expensive but i think its worth the price. I will look around for deals on it if I have to.

L1LMAMAJ

i really love this thing! i use it all the time when applying foundation. Gives me an airbrushed look. Flawless application. Worth every penny

broken_soul

I have the beauty blender, the SK one and of course a 187.
I gotta say I much prefer to use the 187. I feel like it just takes way longer with the sponges. I'm too lazy.