best brush for blushcreme?

I wrote to MAC several months ago asking the same question...here is the reply. HTH

Thank you for taking the time to email us at M·A·C Cosmetics Online. I'd be
happy to help you today.

For our Blushcreme, I recommend the #187 Brush which contains a combination of
short, natural fibres and longer, fibre optic fibres. This combination of
bristles creates a unique shape that allows for a light, airy dusting of powder
products to the face and body. It works beautifully with emollient-based
products as well as any of our liquid foundations.

xtinemelanie

Out of curiousity.. do/have you used the Becca brush?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nessa
Becca makes a nice cream blush brush . It's $37 so the price is not far off from getting another 187.

Sushi_Flower

I have been wondering a similar thing lately, but i already knew 187 is great for blushcremes but like alot of people i can't really afford to get one just for blushcremes at the moment but i hate applying blushcremes with fingers and which is why i don't have one yet so i think i will defiently be getting a 187 for blushcremes too.
Also i have heard more amazing things about the 187 being used with liquid stuff than powders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude
I just wipe them clean after each use with baby wipes and since I have been doing this (about 2 months), I have had no issues with splaying or missing hairs.
smiles.gif

smiles.gif

icon_eek.gif
Babywipes/cleansing wipes! Why did i never think of that for easy spot cleaning of brushes in between proper brush washing! Thankyou!
Btw Jude, have you washed your 187 properly yet? I am worried about how to wash it with proper care and so that when it is dry it looks like it's meant to...and not the messed up 'splayed' out wide 187 brushes i've seen at the counters which look like they've been washed too many times.

beebeegun

in hopes of not sounding too stupid, I just can't imagine using 187 for liquids. I've only tried it for powder blushes and MSF's. What exactly do I do with liquids? Do I 'dot' liquid foundation on my skin with fingers then buff with 187 till it's all smooth and pretty? I always just thought that the bristles of the 187 will make my foundation/blushcremes go all streaky on me. Any input will be much appreciated!!

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan_willb
oh yea and if u use it for liquid products like hyper real spf or tech the brush will get dirty very fast and dry out like the foundation brush and that means u godda wash it again means more brush cleanser and more hairs to fray and get loose....so I THINK u should only use it for powder k im done...

Only if you wash your brushes in acid and then tumble-dry them or something else equally bizarre.

Good brushes can withstand cleaning many, many, many times. They only decay if you don't know how to wash them properly.

iiifugaziii

everyone make sure that you're washing your brushes with your shampoo!!! we wash ours at work every time at the end of our shift with shampoo. The brush cleanser is great inbetween customers/clients and/or if you need to change to a different color using the same brush... but it can dry out your brushes if you only use that. (this is just to clarify cause I heard someone say liquid foundation dries out their 187... it shouldn't at all. 187 is my FAVORITE brush to use with liquids. it's amazing)!

FemmeNoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiifugaziii
everyone make sure that you're washing your brushes with your shampoo!!! we wash ours at work every time at the end of our shift with shampoo. The brush cleanser is great inbetween customers/clients and/or if you need to change to a different color using the same brush... but it can dry out your brushes if you only use that. (this is just to clarify cause I heard someone say liquid foundation dries out their 187... it shouldn't at all. 187 is my FAVORITE brush to use with liquids. it's amazing)!

Thanks for the tip! BTW, what shampoo do you use and how do you clean it? Do you dip it in a cup of water or just use it with tissue? Thanks!

BTW, where do you work? I'm in O.C. PM me if you'd like.

jmvuitton

I heard 192 is great but I hate it.. It picks up too much product. I use 187 and its perfect. I have 1 for blushcreme, 1 for MSFs and 1 for powder blush or loose powder. 187 is my HG brush.

macchicaboom

I have both the 187 and 109, and I prefer the 109 for liquid and cream products- it makes it so easy to buff perfectly. IME, the 187 is an okay brush, but I've been finding that I like my regular brushes better for MSF's and 109 better for creams and liquids.

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvuitton
I heard 192 is great but I hate it.. It picks up too much product. I use 187 and its perfect. I have 1 for blushcreme, 1 for MSFs and 1 for powder blush or loose powder. 187 is my HG brush.

I was worried about this, but when I tried it yesterday for the first time ever, it wasn't a problem at all, just pat the brush and wipe over blushcreme really gently. In fact, mine picked up too little most of the time, which suits me fine, better too little than too much.

Ooh, to afford another #187...I will have to try using that too but it's assigned to my MSF at present
smiles.gif

Jennifer Mcfly

I use the 187 for anything cheek related. I sometimes use it for foundation as well, and I only have one brush! I don't feel the need for more then one 187 since I clean it often enough. Even if I use it for foundation and then immediately for powder blush I have absolutely no problems and I've had my 187 for over a year and it's perfect!!!

glittergoddess27

I use the 192 for blushcremes and it really rocks to help apply those glimmershimmers too,.. and I found that I have re-fallen in love with my Glittercremes now that I have this brush to apply,.. At the Pro Class I went to this past Saturday the gal used the 182 to apply liquid foundation. It looked great,.. ahh methinks it is a good excuse for me to get another 182 and 187 though hearing all these great reccomendations.

Latest posts