Best eye pencils? I'm moving from Mac

Laurahead108

Okay, I'm streamlining my cosmetics budgeet, and want to get some replacements for my Mac Eye Kohl and Powerpoint pencils. Any suggestions? I know Milani is great for shadows, but haven't heard much on the pencil front. Hmmm.
Thanks!

flowerhead

Hmm, the best 'budget' eye pencils I've tried are by Bourjois. They are relatively cheap...come in lovely colours and smudge well.

MiCHiE

I bought Milani's Mediterranean Blue and the color is very pretty, but it does not last all day.

Cerridwin

I have the Milani 'nearly black'. I think that's the name. I love the way it glides on smooth and deeply colored. No dragging necessary. But I'm not impressed with the lack of staying power. And it smears easily.

giz2000

Another vote for Prestige pencils...
clap.gif

mzreyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
Rimmel is great for pencil eyeliners, IMHO. And pretty cheap too.

ITA. rimmel has good ones. but i've only used the black one so far, it worked great!

lara

If you can find them, try kajal pencils. They're as cheap as chips, very soft, and wear like iron. If you live in a multicultural city, chemists and department stores should stock them.
smiles.gif

solardame

Formula-wise
L'oreal Le Kohl - Color selection isn't exciting: black, black/brown, brown, plum, and grey.
Color-wise
Prestige is cheap and has a nice range. The only thing I've noticed is that some of the kohls are harder/waxier than others.

chocula

I really like the Jordana Color x-tend (or maybe it is extend) pencils. They wear like iron. Cheap!
I have also had great success with Presitge's pencils, especially the Soft Blend Kohl liners.

EmbalmerBabe

The Cover Girl twist up mechanical pencil style black eyeliner works well.
I forgot what it is called though. Comes in a black plastic tube,with the white smudge tip at the end.
This outperformed my MAC pencil and my Deluxe Beauty in Nilla Black,
which looks so beautiful for about a half hour then you look like you have greasy raccoon eyes.
=(

hypodermic

The non-wood Prestige pencils wear exactly the same on me as the powerpoints do. They're very similar packaging and both made in Germany. The Jordana X-tends are great too, but I can't find them around here anymore.

IslandGirl77

I just got a black smudge pencil from Sonia Kashuik (however you spell that) at Target. It works pretty good, but man it's hard to take off. LOL

user79

Rimmel ones are OK, but they don't last long and they tend to wander to places where you may not want. I use a white one for lining my waterline, but the eyeliner ones aren't as good.

A Canadian brand I really like is Quo, you can buy at the drugstore and they have a smudger sponge on the end, which is really handy. They last really well too and are comparable to MAC Powerpoints, I think, only the colour selection is limited.

Bootyliciousx

I have heard Rimmel Khol eyeliner is good. I have also heard good things about Loreal Hip and Revoln colorstay as well. Also have heard good about presitge liquid eyelinears.

aeni

Rimmel and Bourjois. My bf loves Rimmel pencils for the smudge factor and I love their liquid liners.

iamlelilien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootyliciousx
I have heard Rimmel Khol eyeliner is good. I have also heard good things about Loreal Hip and Revoln colorstay as well. Also have heard good about presitge liquid eyelinears.

I have Revlon Colorstay in black. The good things about it are that it is a very thick, heavy black, and that the color is just as dark on the waterline. The disadvantages are that sometimes it'll pull or stick while applying it, but that can usually be avoided by pulling out on the corner of the eyelids so there are no wrinkles in the skin for it to catch on. Also, as I said it has a very thick texture, so it's hard to get it off.