Best NARS blushes for dark skin???

LatinaRose

So far I've only tried Outlaw and I love it, not only b/c of the color, but the the texture and the way it applies. So smooth and silky, esp with 187 brush. I want to work my way up to a nice selection of Nars blush, so please help! What colors have y'all tried that look great? I feel the ever-popular Orgasm is a bit too light, but have any of you tried it? Anything non-shimmery from them??

Thanks lovelies!

aziajs

Exhibit A is non shimmery. It's an intense color but is gorgeous when applied with the 187.

I have Taos, Lovejoy, Mounia and Taj Mahal.

NaturalSister19

Taos, Gilda and Gina are all very beautiful. I especially love Taos for the shimmer.

Here's Lula! A model I love to work with because of her very strong personality.
She's Cuban/African American wearing NARS blush, Taos.

As soon as I saw the hair-color she came to this shoot with, I knew I'd need something warm and sheer for her cheeks to keep it fresh. Her undertones are very yellow so the rose hue in it doesn't look too pink.

LulaChanteuse.jpg

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeshieShimmer
I have Crazed, but I plan on buying Taj Mahal and Exibit A (well unless the MAC Pro blush Devil is better!)

I doubt any blush can be better than NARS, but I plan on picking up the new MAC pro blushes too.

AfricanaEyes

That Taj Mahal is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I've got to go get it....especially since everyone seems to be giving it good marks!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanaEyes
That Taj Mahal is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I've got to go get it....especially since everyone seems to be giving it good marks!

Yeah it is amazing. I was trying to dupe it with Px blush in Terracotta (which is also amazing, and I haven't found another color like it) and a Px highlighter, but I had to just break down and get it and I am glad I did. I just wish NARS products weren't so expensive becasue then I would try their lip sticks and lip glosses too.

doniad101

I really like Gilda, Gina, Crazed, Outlaw, Torrid, Taos and Turkish Red (cream). Desire and Mata Hari are nice but applied w/ a skunk brush lightly tapped inside of the blush and then applied in light layers for a desired look. Taj Mahal is really nice also. But Mounia is the prettiest on my NW45 skin tone.

aziza

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith130
taj mahal and the new milani blush in sunset shores is an exact match that is really the perfect dupe

Really?!!
clap.gif
My puppy ate my Taj Mahal blush...can you believe that? I woke up to a crunching noise...his whole snout (and my carpet) was orange. Girl, I was pissed.
th_remoteImage-61.gif
Anyhoo I'm hesitant about buying another so I'm definitely going tp check out the Milani blush.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumtingSweet
Really?!!
clap.gif
My puppy ate my Taj Mahal blush...can you believe that? I woke up to a crunching noise...his whole snout (and my carpet) was orange. Girl, I was pissed.
th_remoteImage-61.gif
Anyhoo I'm hesitant about buying another so I'm definitely going tp check out the Milani blush.

rofl.gif
lmao.gif
LMAO that is soo funny, but I would have been pissed.

erica_1020

I just received my Sephora order and wore Taj Mahal for the 1st time today. Is there another NARS color similar without so much shimmer? I love the orange/coral color

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by erica_1020
I just received my Sephora order and wore Taj Mahal for the 1st time today. Is there another NARS color similar without so much shimmer? I love the orange/coral color

Not that I can think of - I really think the shimmer of Taj kind of disappears into the skin. Is it too much shimmer after application that worries you?

erica_1020

Yes I felt it was too shiny. But Friday I'll try a lighter hand. lol won't be getting dressed with makeup again until then

Copperhead

The ones I have and like are Taos, Exhibit A, Taj Mahal, Crazed, Sex, Desire. I think these are all the ones I have. I'm NC50, dark brown eyes, black hair.