Best way to get one foundation to match you all year round.

Jennyshah

I've always bought drugstore foundations because I know that buying a darker (summer) or lighter (winter) color won't break the bank.

I'm looking to switch to a higher end foundation for special occasions but am a college student and can't afford to buy multiple shades.

How do you make one foundation color last all year? Bronzer? Can I mix with a darker drugstore foundation?

SloanePeterson

I wouldn't personally mix a high-end foundation with a drugstore foundation because I would think you'd get an uneven consistency/quality, especially if the two foundations are different thicknesses. But I suppose you could try it. If you do, I would buy something like L'Oreal True Match fndtn because that is the closest d/s fndtn you are going to get to an HE one.

If anything, I would wear the HE foundation and wear a slightly darker powder, like L'Oreal True Match minerals (loose), and then a very subtle, non-shimmer bronzer. I have used Clinique True Bronze Pressed Powder for a couple of years and if I remember correctly it doesn't have any shimmer.

If you want a good drugstore bronzer, Physician's Formula makes really good ones, but I'm not sure if they have one without shimmer.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Don't go outside/wear tons of sunscreen? ;) I think all the Physician's Formula bronzers have shimmer. If you want a drugstore matte bronzer, go with NYC Sunny.