Black & Blue...first FOTD (actually, FOTN)

ashk36

I got my coastal scents palettes yesterday so I definitely had to play with them! Never done a face of the day before, but it looks like fun! Here's my first attempt...

Face:
I think it was L'oreal Double Wear foundation in Ivory...my skin was a bit dry so I didn't want to use my usual MMU cause I'd have pretty obvious flakies.
Revlon Color Stay concealer.
Coastal Scents 10 blush palette

Eyes:
Used a plain white eyeliner all over eyes for a base and blended.
Random blues from both the matte and shimmer Coastal Scents 88 palettes.

Lips:
Bright pink Sally girl lip gloss over concealer.

I basically used a bunch of super cheap makeup, but I just wanted to have fun and play with my new eyeshadows! Here goes...

And this first picture it looks like I have a scary "gonna stab you" look in my eyes. Eeek!

12908042.jpg

12908043.jpg

12908045.jpg

12908046.jpg

Aww, big happy family.
winkiss.gif

knoxydoll

I really like the blue against your eye colour and skin tone. Your blending is really nice too. I think the opaque white it a little harsh though; I think darkening or thickening your brows would have counteracted it. I hope you keep posting, I'd like to see more from you.

ashk36

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxydoll
I really like the blue against your eye colour and skin tone. Your blending is really nice too. I think the opaque white it a little harsh though; I think darkening or thickening your brows would have counteracted it. I hope you keep posting, I'd like to see more from you.

I TRIED to thicken my eyebrows! I really did! I just couldn't stand the fur on my forehead any longer!! Fortunately I have bangs, so I can always start over again with the grow-out. It's just so freakin hard not to pluck!! And thanks for the nice words!

jdepp_84

OMG this looks soooooo good! I bought the palette too but im still learning to work with my eye shape. I love the last pic! So cute!!!
smiles.gif

knoxydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashk36
I TRIED to thicken my eyebrows! I really did! I just couldn't stand the fur on my forehead any longer!! Fortunately I have bangs, so I can always start over again with the grow-out. It's just so freakin hard not to pluck!! And thanks for the nice words!

I actually really like the shape of them, I meant only for this look. I've had my share of woes in the eyebrow department. I think everyone has.

Yagmur

I really love how vibrant the blue is
thmbup.gif

I think I have to look for Coastal Scents Palettes
drools.gif

ashk36

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxydoll
I actually really like the shape of them, I meant only for this look. I've had my share of woes in the eyebrow department. I think everyone has.

Yes, I remember the middle school days when everyone I knew had plucked themselves to a tiny little inch of eyebrow with like a foot between the two. Disaster. I'm an eyebrow fanatic. I read in Lucky magazine you could use rogaine on a q-tip to help them grow back faster and I'm tempted to try it.