Blonde on Blonde dupe

LadyLaundale

Can anyone think of a Blonde on Blonde dupe? I've fallen in love with this lipcolor and I know I should get a backup, if I can still find one (B2M) in my area. Just in case I can't, is there is similar shade from the regular line? I'm just not that familiar with the lipsticks. The best I could come up with is Coconutty, but it is quite a bit darker. TIA!

Wontpayretail23

Bonde on Blonde is my very 1st MAC lipstick I've ever gotten. I'm not a lipstick person but this one jumped out at me and I had empties so why not!

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpohrer
My counter had Tanorama out as the substitute.

Sometimes the sustitutes are nothing alike... I remember Lovebud being substituted by Rule when culturebloom came out here... NOTHING alike, except for the fact they were both orange...

nora_e

Gel is almost identical. I swatched them together after testing Blonde on Blonde at the counter and could hardly tell them apart. Blonde on Blonde might have a little more metallic frost, but the base shades are the same.

I think Tanarama would be too light.

LadyLaundale

Quote:
Originally Posted by nora_e
Gel is almost identical. I swatched them together after testing Blonde on Blonde at the counter and could hardly tell them apart. Blonde on Blonde might have a little more metallic frost, but the base shades are the same.

I think Tanarama would be too light.

Thanks so much! I'll have to check out Gel. I just adore Blonde on Blonde w/ Factory Made over it and don't want to run out.

I agree that Tanarama would be to light.

Thanks for all the great suggestions!

AudreyNicole

I just tried Blonde on Blonde with the new Bountiful plushglass over it and OMG! I am definately getting a backup of Blonde on Blonde - this combo is AMAZING!
smiles.gif

angela

Gel comes very close. I had to wear Blonde on Blonde to work last saturday for our theme day, but a coworker told me to use Gel if i didn't have it because it is almost identical- and i did. The other MAs couldn't tell the difference
smiles.gif