Bloomingdale's

NikkiHorror

We just had the first Bloomingdale's in San Diego open earlier this month. I've never been to one before, but I hear they are like in bewteen Macy*s and Nordstrom as far as how "high class" they are. However, I ALSO heard that they pay counter managers $25/hr and other employees $20/hr, plus commission like they do at Macy*s (3% in your line, 2% everywhere else.). That's freaking AWESOME. But is it worth the pay?

Does anyone work for Bloomingdale's? Is it slower than other retailers or do they micromanage like crazy? HOW COME THEY PAY SO FREAKING MUCH!?
hmm.gif
There must be a trap!!!!

SARAHluvsMAC

damn our macy's over here doesn't pay that much at all... and the cost of living over here is absurd

i think bloomingdales is at the same level of nordstrom, they actually carry a couple of lines that only some of the nicer nordstroms carry

circusflavouredgum

Wow, they must have really upped their pay in the last 2 years then!
I worked at Bloomie's in Century City in L.A. for 5 1/2 years but I worked for MAC/LAuder directly and was paid through Lauder not Blooomie's. However the girls who worked in the rest of cosmetics averaged about 14 per hour in 2004. We made way more hourly than them but we didnt have commission.

I was in NARS training with an awesome girl who is the counter manager in that Bloomie's (but at the time the store hadn't opened yet), I'll see if I can find out!

*Edited* and yes, it is a very nice store, from what I hear that location is even better than the ones here since it's all new. My store was a little bit slow but I think it depends on your location.

amoona

Bloomingdales is owned by the same company as Macys so you'll notice a lot of the same clothes there, specifically eveing gowns n stuff like that. But I also think Bloomingdales is much higher standards then Nordstroms, at least the ones here are.

My friend is a customer service manager there and she makes $25/hr but she's a manager. Hey worse comes to worse they'll pay you the same but at least u get the Bloomingdales discount haha.