Blush Help!! (application)

thaodotcom

I've been having a hard time with blush... i need some suggestions on application... what is the best way to blend it and where to apply and all that. i need every detail and aspect of it. hahaha. i need to master this damnit! thanks everyone! xoxo

TipTopTap

What types of blush are you using? Powder, gel, cream? Because each has a best way to apply it. If you're a beginner, I suggest a sheer powder blush, like Bourjois's or MAC's sheertones/mineralize, but just about any blush will do. A skunk brush, either MAC 187 or Flirt's ($6 from Kohl's) will help you get a flawless application. Just lightly dip the brush in the powder, smile, and apply to the apples of your cheeks blending up into the hairline. These blush brushes are also useful for regular powder blushes. Because the application is light, it's hard to over-dose on blush.

punkysus

How do you apply blush? (lol sry dumb question)

Whenever I apply it looks streaky. Thanks all!

litlaur

Where to apply depends on your face shape, and sometimes what kind of look you're going for.

ShelleyME

Blush application - my 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkysus
Whenever I apply it looks streaky. Thanks all!

It depends on the type of foundation you are using. If you are using liquid, I use cream blush. You don't get problems with it being streaky. If I use a powder blush with a liquid foundation, I will put my face powder on 1st or it will streak like you said. If I use powder foundation, I only use powder blush. If I really want to use the cream blush, I put it on before the powder foundation.

If you don't use foundation at all and you want to use a powder blush, make sure to put on a moisturizer, even if you have oliy skin (just like you would to get your foundation to go on evenly). I use a mattifying moisturizer - it really reduces the sebum. Give it time to absorb, then apply the blush. If you don't wait or you didn't apply the moisturizer on evenly, it will streak.

I have seen the method of smiling and the "fish face". To me the smiling method puts too much on in one place. The fish face would probably be better for someone with a rounder face. I don't have to do either because my cheekbones are prominent enough, I apply just below the bone. However, I tried the fish face method and saw that it prevented too much from going on in one place.