Blushcreme Staying Power?

foxyqt

hey all! the other day i went to a MAC store and saw that they still had maidenchant blushcreme from lure.. it looked so pretty when i swipped it on my hand! so now im thinking of getting it but im afraid that it'll fade on me =/ i never tried blushcremes before but i did try MAC's bronzing stick in rose d'or.. its a gorgeous color but it fades almost as soon as i put it on!! o_O it wouldnt stay more than a couple of minutes and i was wondering if the same thing will happen to me with blushcremes.. does anyone have problems with blushcremes fading?

lara

I have no problems with fading - I love blushcremes and tend to use them more on clients than powder blushes. They also age beautifully with the rest of the make-up - sometimes powder blush can go a bit patchy as the foundation underneath is aged by sweat, oil, exposure. Creme blush remains more 'true' over time.

I blend them over foundation, then set with powder as normal. If I'm putting them on bare skin, I apply it and set it with a dusting of powder.

ette

Blushcremes don't fade for me, especially if you put translucent powder or an MSF over, or even a MAC powder blush.

theleopardcake

the staying power (imo) is pretty impressive, but i don't like MAC blushcremes. I prefer Stila's convertible color. oops ? lol

DaizyDeath

i use blush cremes all the time i LOVE them and like laura said i tend to use my blush creme more then my powder blush just beacuse it gives more of a natural flush and dewey look which i like

sometimes i put a bit of glitter blush on top just for a little more of a pop but i never have a problem with fadeing. Although ive never tryed it just on bare skin ive always had foundation under it which could effect the staying power but im not shure.

bellaetoile

i love blush cremes, and i, too, use them more often than powder blushes. i love how they look, as i find them to be more natural looking, and easier to blend than powder blushes, especially with liquid or cream foundations. i usually set them with loose blot powder dusted lightly on my cheeks, and then a spray or two of fix+. the color lasts all day.

stila convertible colors are also absolutely amazing. possibly even nicer than the mac blush cremes.

theleopardcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaetoile
stila convertible colors are also absolutely amazing. possibly even nicer than the mac blush cremes.

i totally agree lol

foxyqt

thanks alot for your responses ladies! =D Im more encouraged to get blushcremes now ^.^

i'll def. check out Stila's convertible colors too LoL

liquidsirenhoney

i much prefer blush cremes i was a little timid at first but once a MA put one on me and it stayed and didn't look so caked on i haven't worn a powdered blush since.