BodyShop Brushes?

Kim.

I bought the blush brush and it's shaped really weird. It's not round it's kind of long like a contouring brush just a little bit denser.

Irish Cailin

really? I was looking at the mac one but 40 eur seems a bit much...u really think the bodyshop ones better then? well then thats what il b gettin 2m!
clap.gif

i'm just not really a fan of any mac brush except the 266.

the blush one i use as a contour, yeah. i have a different non-name-brand one as well.

sparkler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim.
I bought the blush brush and it's shaped really weird. It's not round it's kind of long like a contouring brush just a little bit denser.

it's weird isn't it? it's sort of like a slightly thicker foundation brush...

i'm not that keen. wish i'd spent a bit more on a mac one
ssad.gif

blueglitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecarnage
i have the foundation brush and the blush brush. i really like them, better than the mac ones anyway.

me too and i LOVE them brushes they are super soft

magi

Ich love the large powder brush. They are so soooooft. I also have the blush brush, one eye shadow brush, which I use as conceal brush
lol.gif
and the fine eye liner brush. The hairs are synthetics, so they are so soft, but the structure is absolutely sleek, so they treat the products another way than genuine hair brushes. So it´s hard to compare with other brushes. But I love them...

yumemiru

the foundation brush I have is from Elizabeth Arden, don't know if they carry that line or not in UK, but I find it really nice, although I hardly wear foundation either way.

Kisbee

Ruby and Millie brushes (from Boots) are quite nice too, they don't have a huge range, but they're not too expensive and they seem to work well for me.

chipmunkvoice

i only have their eyeshadow brush .... its pretty good for its price. its nice and soft and works quite well i find. i've been wanting to try more of their brushes whilst i save up to buy more MAC brushes

Karen_B

I love their e/s brushes and blending brush. I use the e/s brush to apply pigments and it works perfectly.

effloresce_

I've got their blush brush and i really like it, it's super soft and doesn't shed at all, picks up pigment well (considering that it's synthetic) and has lasted me over a year with no problems. No streaking whatsoever
smiles.gif

ive got the big powder brush. the bristles are firm yet gentle at the same time. they're really good quality. its worth checking out their brushes.

Love Always Ivy

i work at TBS and i guess the brushes are okay, the ones we have up on sample are pretty tore up from people fiddling with them. and i only have ever gotten to use them with TBS crappy eyeshadow, so idk how they are with good quality eyeshadow.

i do like the blush brush and the powder brush

Renee

I just bought the bronzer/ blusher brush and I love it. It's so soft and deposits the right amount of color!

Showgirl

I love what I have of their brushes - I have their mini kit and always carry it round with me for touchups and such, it only costs £12 and gives 2 e/s brushes (one normal, one tapered), a mini lipbrush and a small blush brush I mainly use for powder. It's a great little set. And I find their retractable lip brush the handiest thing in the entire world for applying fluidlines.

HOWEVER, if there's one thing it's possibly worth stumping up a few quid /euros more for, its a foundation brush, a good one makes a lot of difference, so I'd try a few and decide which one you like best. IMHO foundation brushes and fluffy blending brushes are the two types of brushes where quality really makes an unbelievable difference to ease of application and final look.

ALSO, be aware that the Body Shop are now owned (for about the past year and a half) by L'Oreal, who allegedly have been caught out still testing on animals (I think I read this on Specktra, do a search), which might put you off. I personally have decided to stop buying anything from Body Shop, though I have to shamefully admit I crumbled when I lost my last mini brushset- I just couldn't find another set of handbag-sized decent brushes, and found I really couldn't do without it. Not proud of it, don't really want to support them, but I really couldn't find another set of brushes I liked even a tiny bit as much unfortunately.

If you're looking for an affordable foundation brush, I notice Marks and Spencers do one (I think from memory there's a branch in Dublin isn't there?), though I've no idea the quality.