BRAND NEW MAC Pro Store in Chicago. Let's Meet Up!

Hilly

I will be there in June and maybe we can do another meet up then as well
smiles.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
I will be there in June and maybe we can do another meet up then as well
smiles.gif

Ooh, that would be awesome! I'd love to go with people that truly understand the wonder that is MAC Pro!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjakeryan
woooot woooot!!! ok... i just got back from the mac pro store and it was *amazing*!!! they said it just opened last saturday. there isn't parking (as in a parking lot) but there are tons of side streets that are not metered, so if you're willing to drive around/walk a few blocks, i'm sure you could find something. its also just off the armitage brown line stop if you use the CTA.

i was soooo happy to get to test the pro colors i've been eyeing online! and the MAs there were so incredibly nice and helpful! i ended up purchasing emerald green pigment, bio green e/s and sky blue e/s. i asked them if they would be releasing the collections a week early like the new york store does and they said they hadn't heard any info. about that. so as far as they know NN is coming out the 1st and they're having an event that weekend, setting up appts. and whatnot for the collection. sorry for the long post, just wanted to tell everyone about it!!
smiles.gif

Cool. Thank you for the long post! Very informative. I'm glad someone other than me is posting info.
smiles.gif

I can't wait to go. I am going on Wednesday and hopefully I'll get to take some pics as well.

I wonder how many of the MAs there transferred from other stores. Did you recognize anyone? How large was the store?

mrsjakeryan

i was going to take pics but realized i forgot my camera when i was at the end of my street and was too lazy to go back!
smiles.gif
yes, a few of the MAs from the oak st. store transferred there. one in particular i know is samantha (she's my fave!)... there's a guy too, but i forget his name. he's very good looking, has a goatee and looks a little like george michael.
winks.gif

glittergoddess27

I thought it was Oak Street (??) that was going Pro,.. but heck I can barely contain myself. I'd like to do a meet up too but it will all depend on the when it happens for me too,.. Gotta go on a weekend the boy-child is with his father.

aziajs

Quote:
i was going to take pics but realized i forgot my camera when i was at the end of my street and was too lazy to go back!
smiles.gif
yes, a few of the MAs from the oak st. store transferred there. one in particular i know is samantha (she's my fave!)... there's a guy too, but i forget his name. he's very good looking, has a goatee and looks a little like george michael.
winks.gif

Isn't Samantha a sweetheart?!?!?! I talked to her today. She really is great. I am so excited. I cannot wait to go!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDiva
Thanks for the info. Dangit, where is your Thanks button?!?!?!?!??!

LOL...if you were talking about me, my thanks button just vanished one day. *POOF*

MelodyKat

I'll be hitting up the store with a fellow m/a this sunday...4/20...anyone up for a meetup?

not that i need anymore makeup...lol

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyKat
I'll be hitting up the store with a fellow m/a this sunday...4/20...anyone up for a meetup?

not that i need anymore makeup...lol

Of course! Shit, I hope it's not supposed to rain that day. Just let me know when you're going.

igswonderworld

Quote:
... i was soooo happy to get to test the pro colors i've been eyeing online! and the MAs there were so incredibly nice and helpful! i ended up purchasing emerald green pigment, bio green e/s and sky blue e/s. i asked them if they would be releasing the collections a week early like the new york store does and they said they hadn't heard any info. about that. so as far as they know NN is coming out the 1st and they're having an event that weekend, setting up appts. and whatnot for the collection. sorry for the long post, just wanted to tell everyone about it!!
smiles.gif

I went today and also got the Emerald Green pigment and Sky Blue e/s!! LOL
smiles.gif
I also got the Blue Calm e/s and Grape pigment - and got my name on that event they're doing on May 1st for NN! I know it's horrid... I NEVER like people who try to force me into buying stuff that I don't want - Naughty Nauticals doesn't appeal to me that much except for the eyeshadows and one lipstick! - but what the hell, make over!!!
greengrin.gif
So ladies I'm the 2.30 appointment, if anybody's interested :p

Quote:
smiles.gif
winks.gif

I had a guy help me out and I think his name was Michael, although I don't think I could liken him to George Michael
greengrin.gif
He was very helpful. I can tell everybody who works there now are super-happy that Chicago finally has a Pro store. He said this was something WAY overdue.. No argument there
smiles.gif

Divinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by igswonderworld
I went today and also got the Emerald Green pigment and Sky Blue e/s!! LOL
smiles.gif
I also got the Blue Calm e/s and Grape pigment - and got my name on that event they're doing on May 1st for NN! I know it's horrid... I NEVER like people who try to force me into buying stuff that I don't want - Naughty Nauticals doesn't appeal to me that much except for the eyeshadows and one lipstick! - but what the hell, make over!!!
greengrin.gif
So ladies I'm the 2.30 appointment, if anybody's interested :p

I had a guy help me out and I think his name was Michael, although I don't think I could liken him to George Michael
greengrin.gif
He was very helpful. I can tell everybody who works there now are super-happy that Chicago finally has a Pro store. He said this was something WAY overdue.. No argument there
smiles.gif

Michael is the SHIT!! He is one of my Chicago FAVES. He DOES resemble George Michael, though
ssad.gif
. So, the new store is on Armitage? Wonder if that's closer to me than Oak. This is AWESOME! I've been wanting grape pigment FOREVER!!! Tell me when you're going!!!
yahoo.gif

BloodMittens

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMFG!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!

Holy crap toads! I had NOOO IDEA there was a MAC Pro store right here in Chicago!!! Wow... I have been out of the loop. Road TRIPPPPP!!!

Tomorrow morning :<