Broken Eye Shadow

Shoe Crazy

Ok well I was careless the otherday and just threw my eye shadows into my purse because I was in a hurry. When I went to take it out my precious Gleam was in pieces. Now the pan was almost empty so maybe that caused the breakage or maybe thats just what I get for being careless. I'm still finding ways to use it even though I must re-buy it. Has this ever happened to anyone?

gem_mac

boy has it ever... happened to steamy, still able to use it..altho i dropped my 15 pro palette, had a heartattack when i saw the colours fly across my room (on wood floor)! The only damage was to vex, BRAND NEW!! SO needless to say its out of commission for now until i buy another!! GRR! im just thankful it didnt happen to any others!

souraznhunnie

i just dropped my studio fix compact yesterday at work lol....it didn't damage the powder, but the part where u open it and it clicks, it broke off! errrr, so now it looks like a broken compact haha...

mac_obsession

Ive done it a few times, I just end up throwing them in a sample jar and crushing them to use like pigments
greengrin.gif

odium

that's definitely a good idea. i've had a few fall apart. i've had cranberry fall apart on me twice!

*Stargazer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gem_mac
boy has it ever... happened to steamy, still able to use it..altho i dropped my 15 pro palette, had a heartattack when i saw the colours fly across my room (on wood floor)! The only damage was to vex, BRAND NEW!! SO needless to say its out of commission for now until i buy another!! GRR! im just thankful it didnt happen to any others!

You are luckier than I! In what I have dubbed the "Great Palette Disaster of '03" I dropped and managed to shatter every single e/s in my 15 pan. I'm still not fully recovered
lol.gif

singinmys0ng

Quote:
You are luckier than I! In what I have dubbed the "Great Palette Disaster of '03" I dropped and managed to shatter every single e/s in my 15 pan. I'm still not fully recovered

omg that is awful! im so sorry that happened! lol i think i would cry!!

glittergoddess27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug10678
Quote:
Originally Posted by gem_mac

lol.gif

Aggh this would devastate me beyond repair,... I dropped my 15 pal the other day,.. I thankfully have had no injuries,.. I keep a nice big fluffy rug under where I store and apply my MU though JIC. I have only had 1 dequading injury before I found this site,...I'll jut hope that my luck holds out,..

Star

I have never dropped my palettes *touches wood*

but Carbon was heavily damaged in my first depotting attempt. Still kinda useable, but will never look the same.

eponine

i had a 15 palette in my purse, sitting on my bed...and it just fell off and smashed.
ssad.gif
parrot and pro dark teal are shattered. *sniffle*

user2

I know some girls who mix their broken ones with some alcohol so that its like a paste and put it back into the pan! And it works!

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuittonVictim
I know some girls who mix their broken ones with some alcohol so that its like a paste and put it back into the pan! And it works!

I heard they did that, and then bake them on low temperature in their oven for 2 hours orso

RussianSexpot

I've had one breakage during a de-potting stint, but luckily it was just a big crack and I was able to press it back in with my finger *phew*

mich.

Shawna

I don't know if it works, but my MA told me for cracked or shattered e/s to get a tissue, place it over the shadow and gently apply pressure until the cake is reformed. She said it works 90% of the time to fix cracks or fractures. Worth a try....

glittergoddess27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
I don't know if it works, but my MA told me for cracked or shattered e/s to get a tissue, place it over the shadow and gently apply pressure until the cake is reformed. She said it works 90% of the time to fix cracks or fractures. Worth a try....

Hmmm,.. I would think if you are applying pressure to a dry shadow,.. the it would crush further,... yes they are a "pressed" powder, but that is super machine force pressure evenly applied,.... but I would think that unless it is a super soft semi loose powder it would crack further,...I am gonna try that alcohol to paste thing and see if it works,.. theoretically if you turn it into paste, get it back into the pan,... press it and wait for the alcohol to evaporate,... that should work?

Lo-Fi_Thriller

i would cry if i dropped all my 15 pan palettes, i got 7 of them! im so damn paranoid i even put a small layer of thin packaging styraphone cut for the palettes it works pretty well too....

Latest posts