Brush Preferences for Concealer?

Gorgeous2407

I am currently exploring all the different types of brushes used for concealer.I know many prefer to use their own fingers but for those professional makeup artist that is a big no no.So I'm really interested in the brushes people prefer to use.Ive seen people use everything from the typical concealer brushes like the Mac 194 and 195 to using a flat shadow brush like Louise Young LY19 or Mac 239 to crease brushes like the Mac 217,222 or 224.Currently the one i use on myself the most is the 217 which is i know not typically used for concealer but i find it works on my own face brilliant.If you haven't already,give it a try! So please share with me what you prefer to use on your own face and if your a MUA what do you prefer to use on models or clients? Do you have a preference? Or does it really not matter,do you find they all work just as well?

I'm sure some people will read this and think what a dumb question just use whatever,use a concealer brush! But personally i really like to explore all different types of brushes used for every part of the face.Call me weird or whatever,that's fine lol But i enjoy experimenting with all different sorts of brushes for all the different areas of the face.And I'm always curious to hear what other people and other MUA like to use or prefer to use on their own faces and on others peoples face,the reasons why etc Anyway thanks everyone for reading
smiles.gif

xxManBeaterxx

I know the 224 isnt intended for concealer use but its perfect for blending out under eye concealer. I also use it to cover the redness at the creases of my nose.

For spot blemishes i use 242 or 195 since its stiff

dietcokeg

I personally prefer using a brush - the one i love most is the essence of beauty concealer brush - its so soft and the perfect size. the 217 is also a good brush for concealer but i prefer the EOB brush hands down!

gigiopolis

I've recently started using my 226 for concealer (since it hardly gets any use now that I use my 217 for eyeshadow every day) and it's lovely! Smaller than the 224 so it gets into the corners effectively.

But really for concealer my preferences change all the time. For a long time I used my finger to apply undereye concealer and really work it into the skin. And for a long time before that I used a Bare Escentuals concealer brush.

I would use my 217 for concealer but I love it too much for eyeshadow...maybe if I get another one, haha!

shatteredshards

Actually, I just replaced my concealer brush with e.l.f.'s Studio line concealer brush and I like it a lot - I can blend my concealer out just fine with it.

Zephyra

I have tons of concealer brushes, so here are my current preferences....

The ADesign pointed concealer is actually really nice and I've been using it a lot lately: adesign - Face Brushes It's basically a mini version of their pointed foundation brush; you can stipple and buff--great for pimples and acne scars, which I have a lot of
smiles.gif
but also does a nice job in eye contour areas, around eyebrows, etc. I'd own 10 of them, except they're $20 (they had a F&F sale for 40% off in December, though).

I have a bunch of taklon brushes from various brands, which seem to be more or less equivalent. The 1/4" - 1/2" flat oval synthetic brushes work similarly on under-eye circles and large sections on me at least...can't really tell between the $30 one and the $2 one.

My favorite concealer brush is the Crown Brush C170-4 (Studio Series; also comes in a short-handled version). It's a 3/8" wide x 3/8" long oval taklon and at $2/brush, you can have a lot and wash in batches, and since I'm frequently concealing breakouts, I'd rather not be incubating and transferring bacteria every day by using the same brush! It's great for detail work. Bonus: I use it to precisely erase mascara smears from my eyelids.

Recently, I'm also using the BK10 oval camouflage (Luna Series) and find it's a little softer than standard taklon and is nice for paint pots, cream eye shadows, and concealer. And yeah...$2.88/brush (and at some minimum $ value they give you a 25% discount on your order and free shipping).

I can see spending big $$$ on nice hair brushes, but I haven't been able to tell a huge difference on the synthetics (aside from the novel shape of the ADesign one). I use concealer brushes lots and wash brushes used with cream products after every use, so it seems like a better value to have multiples for the price of one MAC or other high-end brush. If money were no object, I might make a different decision
smiles.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

I really like my Stila #2 Under Eye Concealer Brush and Stila #11 Face Concealer brush, but especially the #2. It's like a tiny MAC 222 with synthetic fibers. Such a unique shape for a concealer brush.

vintageroses

I love 224! It is excellent for blending! I learnt it at a MAC Seminar! We used it & the application was fabulous!
greengrin.gif
I used to use 195 but this works so much better! :)