Calvin Klein Cosmetics

Divinity

yahoo.gif
Ladies and Gents I am so excited to talk to you about Calvin Klein's new cosmetics line! There is an article and amazing pictures in the January edition of Allure Magazine that is making me drool!

"The new makeup collection from ck Calvin Klein - the youger, less expensive branch of the company - is neither modest nor neutral. Its whopping 209 products include eye shadows in effervescent shades of pink, purple, and blue, and vivid lipstick colors that would make Gwen Stefani smile." - Allure

"This collection is about taking risks and having fun with makeup. We wanted women to know that they can get playful colors from Calvin." - Kevin Carrigan, creative director for ck Calvin Klein.

"The new color cosmetics line will be introduced Spring 2007 in the United States, Europe, parts of Asia, and duty-free stores world wide. It is then planned to be rolled-out to other key markets globally.The Calvin Klein company said that in order to maintain an exclusive distribution, the line is slated to launch in approximately 150 retail outlets in the United States and in approximately 100 outlets in Europe and Asia, within the first year. The introduction of skin care products is planned for Spring 2008.
The line will be designed to appeal to a multi-cultural, fashion-forward consumer, and will include a core line of signature products that will be the mainstay of the collection, the company says.
The color line will feature over 300 skus, in a full range of shades and textures, with an emphasis on foundations, eye shadows, lipsticks and lip glosses. The line is also planned to include powders, concealers, blushes, bronzers, illuminators, eyeliners, mascaras, eye and brow pencils, lip pencils, nail lacquers, and a collection of makeup brushes.
Packaging and display for the line will be designed by Fabien Baron in conjunction with CRK, Calvin Klein's in-house advertising agency. The advertising campaign is scheduled to break in Spring 2007 magazines, to coincide with the product launch." - Simon Pitman

Pictures courtesy of bellasugar.com and Calvin Klein.

moz-screenshot-2.jpg

greatscott2000

I saw the collection in Europe this year. It looks promising, the colors are very bold and vibrant compared to the previous CK makeup collection that came out in 2000.
I tried the concealor and powder and have to say that they really stepped it up this time. I can't wait for it to be in Sephora next month.

Holly

I saw a CK counter at the bay the other day. Nothing really struck my fancy so I kept walking

liv

It looks pretty, but I HATE eyeshadow singles that come with applicators. HATE. I'd rather they made the pan bigger. They always suck, and I never use them; if I'm in that big of a rush I don't have a brush handy, I just forgo the shadow that morning. Maybe it's just me, but it cheapens the look of the product to have that stupid sponge applicator.

Kuuipo

I saw pics on line. I was expecting the CK look-minimalist, matte, "greige" taupes,stuff like that....not geriatric brites. I'll pass because it lacks the class....

MAChostage

Wow, it's been a long time since anyone touched this thread. I bought a CK Color Shine lipstick in Rockin while at Ulta yesterday and love it! It goes on pigmented, smooth and shiny. The eye shadows are pretty, but dupeable. I didn't have an opinion about the foundation, it wasn't bad but there was nothing about it to wow me, either.