CAN ANY ONE HELP? RE MAC INTERVIEW

MissKatie

HI people, I was wondering if anyone working for MAC could give me a little advice? I have an interview with MAC as assistant manager (retail manager), I have 5 years experience as an artist/manager with Bobbi and I then moved to a company not makeup related to enhance my management skills 2 years ago. I am really wanting to get back to my passion. Does anyone do the same job and could let me know what they ask you at interview and any tips as I will be doing a makeup demo too. I have done quite a bit of research but would appreciate any other tips. Thanks

jillybean

Congrats on your interview! Have you checked out this thread? TONS of good information in there. Hope that helps!

http://www.specktra.net/forum/thread/30463/mac-interviews-hiring-process

LC

My store hired a girl as the assistant who literally had zero makeup experience. They hired her because she had been in a management position elsewhere. I think you have a good shot. MAC is very focused on people reaching their goals and AUS goal (more specifically, trying to average at least a $50 purchase from each custy). If you emphasize during your interview that you're very 'goal oriented' and other types of things that will make the store more money, I think that's mostly what they'll care about. The fact that you also have a passion for makeup and have 5 years experience at a respected counter also works towards you...I think you won't have any problem getting the spot, good luck and keep us posted :)

Aishak7

Hello! I'm considering applying for a MAC assistant manager vacancy but am not sure of what the person specification is. I have retail experience (worked at M&S on Beauty,menswear and home) but I have never worked as a make up artist. Do you have to have experience with make-up to apply? I love make-up and have done bridal and friends make up. Although I have no management experience I have a management degree (bachelors) and a marketing management degree (masters). I have been looking for work for 6 months and rejection has knocked my confidence. I am not sure if I should even attempt it. Any info would be much appreciated.