Can someone tell me if these brushes&are real MAC?

BellaItalia1969

I am sorry to be a pain but daughters mate just bought this brush and some other Mac stuff....she has not paid yet but my daughter asked me to check out if these are genuine...
The girlfriend bid because it says"authentic!
th_confused_new.gif

Here is the Item number:120503930481
eBay My World - makeupjunky09
Im not so hot on spotting fake Mac single brushes...
ssad.gif

thanks a lot girls n guys x

obscuria

those definitely look suspicious.
Here's the picture from the ebay seller
!BhEB6Bg!2k~$(KGrHqEH-CkEsLWoOi3GBLHjvq0eEg~~_12.JPG

Here's a quick snapshot of mine, that I got from the Mac Pro store:

mix009.jpg

angi

Yeah, they do look fake sweetie - the colouring of the bristles on both the brushes looks very off, and also the crimping of the metal part on the 187 looks completely wrong.

Looking at the sellers other mac items the pictures aren't close enough to tell if they're genuine, but any seller that selects 'random' items rather than telling you what colours you'll be getting is always suspicious.

Also, the most recent piece of feedback specifies the brush they received was fake (even though its a positive).

The body shop do a nice alternative to the 182, and its only £15

gildedangel

Those are fakes for sure!!!
One of the comments left from a previous buyer even says that the brushes are fake, but that the seller was nice to deal with lol.

Makeup Emporium

Sorry they are fakes. The 182 brushes are dark and the crimping on the 187 is totally off. I bulges out on the real brush whereas in the picture you posted it barely looks like there is any crimping (hope that makes sense).

WHY do people leave positive feedback and state that they are fakes??????? That makes me crazy!

BellaItalia1969

Thank you girls
specktra_rocks.gif
it has not been paid for ...but the seller is adamant that her items are genuine Mac!
nonono.gif
Furthermore she relisted 187 PCS of these...
Item number: 120502062967 and these
MACs 24 Piece Brush Set

Item number: 120507601620
thmbdn.gif
thmbdn.gif

I have reported her ...but the auctions are still running and some poor sap who doesnt or can't tell the difference between real and fake Mac will get conned!

Lottascarlatta

It seems like Ebay can;t catch up with all the fraud/conterfiet MAC items listed. How do these people even turn a profit?