Chanel Rouge Noir nailpolish

Winthrop44

Does anybody know if it's possible to buy Chanel Rouge Noir nailpolish online in the US anyplace other than Ebay?

Dark_Phoenix

www.gloss.com carries Chanel products, including lipstick.

Rouge Noir... is that the black one? I think I have it. Got it at Belk if it is the black one...
Chanel counters usually carry the polish.

Juneplum

i got mine in paris.. i haven't seen it sold here so far.. supposedly it's called vamp here in the US but they are 2 totally different colors if u ask me... rouge noir is like the original dark goth vamp chanel 1st came out with, but vamp here in the us has shimmer and isn't nearly as dark
th_dunno.gif
i have both and i love them but they are very different imo..

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma_Frost
www.gloss.com carries Chanel products, including lipstick.

Rouge Noir... is that the black one? I think I have it. Got it at Belk if it is the black one...
Chanel counters usually carry the polish.

It's a very dark red, but if you check out Makeupalley there is a big issue re this shade. Gloss, Nordtrom, etc do not offer "Rouge Noir" online. They do, however, offer "Vamp" online, which was apparently the name of "Rouge Noir" in the 90s. Currently, there is a "Vamp" in the US and a "Rouge Noir/Vamp" in Europe that are supposedly the same, but according to folks on MUA they are not. The US version is apparently a lighter frost version of the European shade. The European "Rouge Noir" goes for over $30 on Ebay!

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
i got mine in paris.. i haven't seen it sold here so far.. supposedly it's called vamp here in the US but they ae 2 totally different colors if u ask me... rouge noir is like the original dark goth vamp chanel 1st came out with, but vamp here in the us has shimmer and isn't nearly as dark
th_dunno.gif

Yep, that's what I'm talkin' about! Thanks. Would you believe I e-mailed Chanel and they are insisting to me that they're the same?:what: Are you going to Paris again anytime soon?
winks.gif

f1rewater

I have a Chanel Rouge Noir nail polish that i bought in a duty free shop in LA airport, although i have seen it here in my country too. It has no shimmer at all.

I can swatch it if you want, so you can compare it.

Winthrop44

Thanks for offering to swatch, but I'm convinced by your description that you have the one I mean. Thanks for the tip. Next time I'm at a larger airport I'll take a peek in the duty free shop for it.
smiles.gif
It's still frustrating that the people at Chanel's own web site do not even realize there's a difference!

Juneplum

u know, it's just like with black satin - the us one is different from the one that's sold in europe - i have both, and again there's a difference between the 2 .. sup with that chanel
nonono.gif
lol.gif