Have you guys seen this, OMG.

CHANEL : Fragrance and Beauty

chanel2.jpg

chanel3.jpg

chanel1.jpg

images from Pretty in Dayton

SmokeSignal16

Re: New Chanel Tokyo Happening Collection

Ohhhhh I will check this out! I love anything Tokyo related!!! That blue gloss is calling to me!

bis

drools.gif

The 4-coloured powder is a blush? Would be interesting.
And the nail polishes, wonder if they are opaque or like a sparkly top coat?

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
drools.gif

The 4-coloured powder is a blush? Would be interesting.
And the nail polishes, wonder if they are opaque or like a sparkly top coat?

I think the powder is a highlighter, body and face. The nail polishes are sheer/sparkly.

swaly

Very pretty, but I wish the "Tokyo" part was apparent. The pastels remind me of English teatime, and nothing else really evokes Japan for me.

Miss QQ

This collection is launched at my counters last week.
drools.gif
I didn't try on the glosses because the testers had not come in yet but I tried on the nail polishes and the powder. The powder is a highlighter and applies on me as a brightener with small silver shimmer.

The nail polishes are a little disappointing. They look almost alike after two coats, sheer and glittery. The blue and the gold ones are more worthy to purchase because the blue and gold glitters are more obvious. The pink and silver ones give silver, gold and pink glitters and look alike.

L to R: Blue, Pink, Silver, Gold (all 2 coats)

IMG_2724.jpg

I am going to pick up the powder and the glosses tomorrow. Maybe I can put some pictures here.
smiles.gif

swaly

The highlighter is intriguing but I would 100% pass on the polishes. You can find a color like that in any dime store or pharmacy, and because it's clear with glitter, the formulation doesn't even have to be that great––the texture masks it. I'm always most impressed by totally solid, shimmer-free polishes, because it's so much harder to get an even finish with those than with a super-pearlized/metallic shade...I would totally buy these Chanel Tokyo polishes if they came in those pastel colors, but were opaque instead of transparent!

MzzRach

This collection is quite sweet, but I agree, I do not see exactly what the Tokyo influence is?

The glosses look pretty. The polishes and powders do not tempt me at all, especially after seeing the polishes on nails (Thanks, Miss QQ!).

carlierae26

I think the craze in Japan is the pastel colors.. judging from the Japanese makeup I've seen in blogs lately.. I'd love to swatch the blue one as well.

Miss QQ

I purchased the face highlighter and the blue gloss, Wish. The glosses swatched like the nail polishes, all sheer and glittery. Wish has pale, blue glitters and I already own Galactic. The highlighter has lots of chunky glitters on the surface, but after the top layer is used up, the powder has fine shimmers. I have posted pics at the swatch thread.

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f217/c...7/#post1654402

wishingforsn0w

would anyone be able to swatch Wish glossimer (the blue one)? i am dying to see it, i love blue glosses!

CandiGirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaly
Very pretty, but I wish the "Tokyo" part was apparent. The pastels remind me of English teatime, and nothing else really evokes Japan for me.

Exactly! Nice collection, but Tokyo beauty seems to be very bold. So the polishes could have been at least neon..
th_dunno.gif

but thanks again Ernie for posting it!
winks.gif

wishingforsn0w

i went to my chanel today (Chanel Makeup Studio in Costa Mesa, CA) and the manager said they would be getting this collection in at the end of july/beginning of august. so far away
ssad.gif

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishingforsn0w
would anyone be able to swatch Wish glossimer (the blue one)? i am dying to see it, i love blue glosses!

I've forgotten what the pink and silver ones are called.

In shade under very strong sunlight. L to R: pink, Wish (blue), silver, Galactic (gold)
IMG_2848.jpg

Directly under very strong sunlight
IMG_2850.jpg

lkimmy

I know I'm late, but can this still be purchased anywhere? I'm dying for this!!!