Chantecaille Discussion

peanut

We've had some Chantecaille threads for specific collections, but not a general Chantecaille thread, so I thought I'd start one.

I came across some pics of the spring 2014 palette -- Save the Bees -- which is out in January I believe and thought it was so cute. There will also be two new lip chics in Primrose and Wild Rose and a Brilliant Gloss in Pretty. Here's the link:

http://www.getthegloss.com/news/chantecaille-launches-spring-2014-save-the-bees-collection

I like this better than the Horses palette. What do you all think?

Winthrop44

I think it's so adorable! I read that the pale gold shade is supposed to be a highlighter. Do you know if that's true?

peanut

I hadn't heard this, but a highlighter would be fantastic!! I just love Chantecaille spring collections! I can't wait to see what color the lip chics are.

LdMD

Hi @peanut, thanks for the info!

The "Save The Bees Palette" looks gorgeous! I think those palettes are not so different from each other, though, still beautiful! The only product from Chantecaille that I own is their "Rose Petals (Les Petales de Rose) Illuminating Face Powder". It's an AMAZING product! I love it!!!
eyelove.gif
I bought it when I saw Christine's review: http://www.temptalia.com/chantecail...luminating-face-powder-review-photos-swatches. Do you know/have it? I DO recommend it!

peanut

The "Save The Bees Palette" looks gorgeous! I think those palettes are not so different from each other, though, still beautiful! The only product from Chantecaille that I own is their "Rose Petals (Les Petales de Rose) Illuminating Face Powder". It's an AMAZING product! I love it!!!
eyelove.gif
I bought it when I saw Christine's review: http://www.temptalia.com/chantecail...luminating-face-powder-review-photos-swatches. Do you know/have it? I DO recommend it!
I do have this one, but I had never read Temptalia's review. An A+??? I like it even better now! lol! Looks gorgeous on her. So natural, so pretty! As I recall, it was Winthrop who convinced me to buy it, so thank you Winthrop!!

LdMD, do you think you'll try some other Chantecaille products?

LdMD

eyelove.gif
I do have this one, but I had never read Temptalia's review. An A+??? I like it even better now! lol! Looks gorgeous on her. So natural, so pretty! As I recall, it was Winthrop who convinced me to buy it, so thank you Winthrop!!

LdMD, do you think you'll try some other Chantecaille products?
LOL! Kinda hard to resist after reading this review, with THAT grade, and seeing those pictures (I couldn't!!!
girlhaha.gif
). She really looks gorgeous! I second @Winthrop44 advice! o/ We don't have Chantecaille in Brazil! My brother-in-law's cousin, who lives in NY, brought the "Rose Petals" for me, when he came to Brazil. I don't see bloggers raving about the brand very often, so I don't feel impelled to buy anything. Do you recommend something in particular?

katred

Specktra Bestie

eyelove.gif
I so want that highlighter! I actually just ordered a couple of Chantecaille products, including their Hydra Chic in Persimmon from the Fall collection. I was thinking of getting the Wild Horses palette as well, but now I think I might wait for the bees... I've never bought one of their wildlife palettes, although I love the idea behind them and I'm so happy to see a company that dedicated to getting the word out about these causes. (Ultimately, I think that the publicity that they bring to the issues is worth even more than the donations they make.)

for those of you who live outside the US, www.beautyhabit.com ships worldwide. They don't carry the full range of products, but they get all the seasonal collections.

peanut

I so want that highlighter! I actually just ordered a couple of Chantecaille products, including their Hydra Chic in Persimmon from the Fall collection. I was thinking of getting the Wild Horses palette as well, but now I think I might wait for the bees... I've never bought one of their wildlife palettes, although I love the idea behind them and I'm so happy to see a company that dedicated to getting the word out about these causes. (Ultimately, I think that the publicity that they bring to the issues is worth even more than the donations they make.)

for those of you who live outside the US, www.beautyhabit.com ships worldwide. They don't carry the full range of products, but they get all the seasonal collections.
I too love the idea behind the wildlife palettes. Some work better for me than others, but they're all so darn beautiful! This Bees palette is especially cute.

I'm hoping Chantecaille has a Friends and Family event soon. It was in December last year I believe. While the Bees palette probably won't be out, there are a few staples I'd love to pick up...and some other stuff I just want. lol!

Bcteagirl

Wow, thank you for introducing me to this line! The bee palette looks fabulous. I actually saw the wild horse palette at a Marshalls, so am kind of kicking myself for not buying it. Will take a peek at their other makeup so I will know what I am looking at next time.

LdMD

I too love the idea behind the wildlife palettes. Some work better for me than others, but they're all so darn beautiful! This Bees palette is especially cute.

I'm hoping Chantecaille has a Friends and Family event soon. It was in December last year I believe. While the Bees palette probably won't be out, there are a few staples I'd love to pick up...and some other stuff I just want. lol!
Thank you for your recommendations @peanut!!! I took a look at those products you've mentioned and they all seem pretty good, specially the foundation! It appealed me the most as it seems to work best for oily skin (my case). What's your skin type? The serum looks amazing too! I'm very curious about its benefits, but into my dermatologist's regime right now, so it'll be on hold.
sigh.gif
I totally agree with you @katred! It's really comforting to see brands like Chantecaille spreading the word about good causes, and so we can contribute too! I consider "The Wild Horses Palette" the most beautiful! I love horses!!! Maybe I'll buy it someday! Thank you A LOT for the site, I didn't know it, and they ship to Brazil! YAY!!!
cheerleader.gif
Did you buy the "Rose Petals"? DO IT!!! LOL!

peanut

Thank you for your recommendations @peanut!!! I took a look at those products you've mentioned and they all seem pretty good, specially the foundation! It appealed me the most as it seems to work best for oily skin (my case). What's your skin type? The serum looks amazing too! I'm very curious about its benefits, but into my dermatologist's regime right now, so it'll be on hold.
sigh.gif
You're so welcome!! I have normal skin in summer but it's slightly dry in winter. I've always loved Chantecaille foundations. I just ordered Just Skin, a tinted moisturizer with SPF, because Chantecaille came out with a new color -- Vanilla -- that I think will match me. I wear Vanilla in Future Skin so I have my fingers crossed.

How is your dermatologist's regime working? I love the whole idea of having a skincare regime but somehow still haven't managed to put one together! The only product I've stuck with after all these years is Vital Essence. I do like Chantecaille's Rice and Geranamium Foaming Cleanser, but it's so expensive.

Has anyone tried other Chantecaille skincare products? What do you think of them?

LdMD

sigh.gif

You're so welcome!! I have normal skin in summer but it's slightly dry in winter. I've always loved Chantecaille foundations. I just ordered Just Skin, a tinted moisturizer with SPF, because Chantecaille came out with a new color -- Vanilla -- that I think will match me. I wear Vanilla in Future Skin so I have my fingers crossed.

How is your dermatologist's regime working? I love the whole idea of having a skincare regime but somehow still haven't managed to put one together! The only product I've stuck with after all these years is Vital Essence. I do like Chantecaille's Rice and Geranamium Foaming Cleanser, but it's so expensive.

Has anyone tried other Chantecaille skincare products? What do you think of them?
Where I live we don't experience much the change of seasons. Most of the time the weather is hot and humid, unfortunately. If Chantecaille isn't like MAC about their color range, you'll be fine!
yes.gif

I started treating acne recently, last month actually, so I'll have to wait to see the results. Those treatments take longer to show the benefits, and the beginning is no good. My skin started to flake, which is horrible to put makeup over, and I'm redder than usual. Patient has to be my friend! I think is better to see a dermatologist, so you don't spend money, time and energy on products that are not specific for what your skin needs, and sometimes you don't need expensive products at all. Chantecaille provides samples? You could ask for some!

peanut

PSA: Chantecaille's Cyber Monday event is 30% off all products with code CYBER30FORYOU.

shadowaddict

The e/s palettes are so beautiful. I don't know if I'd want to mess them up. I loved the Sea Turtle one a couple of years ago. Kate, I almost bought that highlighter also. I resisted because I have several. The two Chanel ones I have and use quite often an yet still look barely used.

Living Doll

I'm really tempted by their Save The Bees palette. Love the cause and the cute little honey bee print but I don't know if I can justify a splurge like that, especially right in the middle of my low-buy.

peanut

Save the Bees is up on the Chante site. I placed my order last night. Got the palette, the warmer lip chic, and the lip gloss. The gray eyeliner isn't posted yet. I hope the palette is wearable and pretty (crossing fingers). I'm unable to resist those palettes even though I don't always wear them as much as I think I will.

Latest posts