Check this ebay listing out...odd..

Tashona Helena

It's a new seller too...hmmm I wouldn't buy it unless all the shades where listed and lots of close ups of the items.

wolfsong

You can see used pans! And the large compacts look like those from the shitty chinese auctions where they throw in a 'MAC' pigment sample for free (read: counterfeit pigment).

Why the hell would someone do this? Daylight robbery at its finest...

liv

Someone needs to report her. That one compact that has a star over it in the middle is an EL gift with purchase from ages ago (My mother used to have one!)

nikki

Why would someone even bid on that??!!! Especially when its obvious a lot of the stuff is not mac

j_absinthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki
Why would someone even bid on that??!!! Especially when its obvious a lot of the stuff is not mac

People know a name moreso than they know the products themselves. Some people are just ignorant.

liv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
reported!

Thanks, Hilly. I would have, but I don't have an eBay account. I don't trust myself with one, I'd be buying stuff left and right.

Yeah, the more I looked at it, stuff is used to the pan (with a little sliver of product around the corner, how nice of her to use 95% of it before trying to dupe someone into buying it online). Everything is either clearly used, or not MAC in the first place. One of the worst listings I've seen posted on here.

As for who would buy it...someone who doesn't know a lot about MAC and sees something like this on eBay that purports to have "all eyeshadow lipglass lipstick blush, etc shades" (even though there are only about 10 lipglass tubes?? hmmm) for a cheap price (as compared to buying it all retail) and jumps at the chance without questioning the seller. I notice she only has 1 rating.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
good work everyone!

We're like cosmetic superheroes working togther to fight makeup crimes!!!
smiles.gif

pr1nces583

i find it unbelieveable just how much counterfit mac there is on ebay. particularly brushes. its poor, as you really have to know what you are looking for to spot the fakes, and some person who just wanted to try out a mac product for the first time could so eaily fall for a big con
thmbdn.gif

well done girls for reporting this particular one!!
thmbup.gif

also, why would anyone ever buy used makeup??!! ick!!

tripwirechick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1nces583
ialso, why would anyone ever buy used makeup??!! ick!!

I have bought used make up!! Though only eye pencils, and brushes...
In New Zealand we have a version of ebay called Trade Me, and they don't do anything about sellers with counterfeit items, they don't want to know!! It's very frustrating when there is one seller in particular selling fake full size pigments, and people are buying them. Don't know what to do!

captodometer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwirechick
In New Zealand we have a version of ebay called Trade Me, and they don't do anything about sellers with counterfeit items, they don't want to know!! It's very frustrating when there is one seller in particular selling fake full size pigments, and people are buying them.

You really can't do anything. Trade Me is like Ebay; they are only interested in collecting seller fees.

I've reported the person selling the full sized Paradisco pigment multiple times. The listing is still there, and will continue to be relisted until somebody buys it
angry.gif

tripwirechick

Yeah that seller admittedly, duped me and I bought a couple of pigments before I found the Specktra guide to spotting fakes. I also thought the names were a little weird too.. After much hassle she finally refunded me, though she wasn't happy about it at all. Got very argumentative! So many people have bought pigments from her.. I tried to warn a couple of them. One didn't care, the other said she'd never buy from her again. It makes me really angry that Trade Me/Ebay work this way and let people get away with selling this stuff.