choice in traincases?

bebs

I'm trying to decide between getting the mac train case or the sephora midnight studio train case, could anybody tell me the differences besides money, ex. space, how many things fit in each case, if they would or do last the same amount of time. and aything else I haven't thought of thanks!

farra712

I don't know about the sephora one, but the mac one doesn't really make for any kind of organization. Honestly, I addooooorrre my case and I got it on ebay from a company that had really good feedback (they also have a direct website). They have removable seperators and the inside has a more rubbery feel than plastic so it protects your makeup better if you are banging it around. Also, it locks, which is a plus. Check it out: www.yazmo.com. Although the MAC one is great, you could get one of the huge ones from yazmo that rolls for about the same price.

Pink_lily

that website made me nearly drool on my keyboard....i know where i'm getting my next case from!

HeartOfSilver

I bought the same case as Farra! It is definetly worth buying, I bought their biggest case so I'd have room to grow in
smiles.gif

leobrat

I just have a plain caboodles one that I am about to outgrow. The ones from yazmo look great. Thanks for the info

brandiisamonkey

I bought mime from Yazmo too... it was only 65 with free shipping and it got here in less than a week... when I outgrow this one I will definately get another bigger one from them!

aziza

rofl.gif
I've been using a tackle box and I desperately need to upgrade. The cases on Yazmo look great. I don't know if I could shell out $225 for a M.A.C case. If I ever do I'll find someone with a discount card.

vivaXglamlove

I have that train case!
I got in may for good grades and it only has a small scrap on the top of it
it's Amazing!
I just took pictures for you!
2r72as2.jpg

Don't mind the mess!
40fbz9y.jpg

To see what i have in there:
My collection

mAra

i have a question for those with the midnight studio, when you open it all the way does it tip over?

i need another traincase and i love my midnight one, [most organized], but im curious about the midnight studio

leana01

Midnight Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAra
i have a question for those with the midnight studio, when you open it all the way does it tip over?

i need another traincase and i love my midnight one, [most organized], but im curious about the midnight studio

No, this case does not tip over when its open. When you pull out the tiers you can open them more than enough to see the contents in each one, but you can't open them all the way til it stops or yes it will tip over. Tipping over is truely not an issue with this case. You can enjoy all of the features of it without worrying about it tipping over. I posted a review of the case with pictures showing just how far you can open it without it tipping over. http://specktra.net/showthread.php?p=608687

HTH
smiles.gif

Indigowaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I like that Yazmo one!!

Does anyone own this model? How is it for organizing...

newts03combowp.jpg

This is the one I want. It looks just like the one from Sephora but $20 less. I am soooo getting this!

Moyra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I like that Yazmo one!!

Does anyone own this model? How is it for organizing...

newts03combowp.jpg

That is exactly like the top part of my two tier, wheeled traincase from Yazmo. I have this one.

I am not sure I am insane about it - the hinges on the sliding compartments in the top seem kind of weak, and the divider thingies are always sliding around and having to be reseated. Additionally, the corners on the sliding shelves seem weak, since despite minimal use one is tearing.
That said, the top part of the case (what you are asking about, essentially) is way better than the useless (to me) wheeled bottom part on the case I have, which is latched in such a way as to make it super hard to get into the stuff in the bottom.
I am truly "meh" about the quality/durability/usefulness of the case, especially if you use it every day, and I sort of doubt the case would survive the travelling back and forth that is required from a "real" working professional's traincase.

leana01

Sturdy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyra
That is exactly like the top part of my two tier, wheeled traincase from Yazmo. I have <A href="http://www.yazmo.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=511"" target=_blank>this one.

I am not sure I am insane about it - the hinges on the sliding compartments in the top seem kind of weak, and the divider thingies are always sliding around and having to be reseated. Additionally, the corners on the sliding shelves seem weak, since despite minimal use one is tearing.
That said, the top part of the case (what you are asking about, essentially) is way better than the useless (to me) wheeled bottom part on the case I have, which is latched in such a way as to make it super hard to get into the stuff in the bottom.
I am truly "meh" about the quality/durability/usefulness of the case, especially if you use it every day, and I sort of doubt the case would survive the travelling back and forth that is required from a "real" working professional's traincase.

The compartments look like they're leaning already... :confused:

user79

Hm that review doesn't sound so great. How does it compare to this one from Japonesque? Does anyone have this model?

PRO MAKEUP CASE
CP-068, CP-069
Double sided accordion tiered trays with adjustable dividers. Shoulder Strap. Overlocking latches with keys.
Approximately 14-1/4" x 8-1/25" x 10".
Tiered Trays: 12-1/4" x 3-1/2" x 1-1/2".
Case: 14-1/4" x 8-1/25" x 10"
CP-068 (silver), CP-069 (black)

CP069_zoom.jpg

From this site: http://www.japonesque.com/prod_casespro.html

Not sure if I would be able to order that here in Switzerland though from one of the online sites they recommend.

Latest posts