clubbing makeup

HapaDynazty

do any of you guys have the problem trying to wear hot makeup to the club only to find it half way down your face (from dancing and all the heat) halfway threw the night?

what kind of makeup can i wear to the club and still look hot but not look like im melting?

asteffey

try liquidlast liners! they stay PUT and definitely will make you one hot momma. face & body foundation doesnt slide off on me and i sweat a lot.

benefit makes a great sealer, she-laq. it works pretty well--but its not for everyone.

a tip they used on me during hot modeling shoots: spray your face lightly with hair spray.

pumpkincat210

Have you tried mac Paints or urban decay primer potion for your eyeshadow base? They make e/s last along time. I also second the liquidlast liners.. without a proper makeup remover they last for like 3 days.

asteffey

Quote:
Originally Posted by inheritedhornet
wont hairspray cause break outs?

it never made me break out & i have insanely sensitive skin.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by asteffey
it never made me break out & i have insanely sensitive skin.

I wouldn't recommend it for long-term, frequent or daily use, though. The binding and chemical agents in hairspray can cause deep pore damage and affect the regeneration of your skin. Major bad news on the lips, around the nasal openings or near the eyes. Chemical burning, numbness, corneal damage and seared mucus linings, for a start.

Hairspray is what I use after everything has stopped working and the model is starting to look like Courtney Love, and even then only on the cheeks, ears and forehead.

asteffey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
I wouldn't recommend it for long-term, frequent or daily use, though. The binding and chemical agents in hairspray can cause deep pore damage and affect the regeneration of your skin. Major bad news on the lips, around the nasal openings or near the eyes. Chemical burning, numbness, corneal damage and seared mucus linings, for a start.

Hairspray is what I use after everything has stopped working and the model is starting to look like Courtney Love, and even then only on the cheeks, ears and forehead.

that is exactly where they used it on me!

Pootle_around

I put Greenplay Liquidlast on my hand on monday night and it's still on me. And I do shower daily, honest guv!

ETA: and yes I do wash my hands after peeing too!

user79

I hate when I get hairspray accidentally on my face when I'm spraying my hair, it feels horrible on the skin so I wouldn't do that.

When I'm at a club I usually skip foundation and just opt for powder, it lets my skin breathe more and foundation can slide off from sweating. I also use waterproof mascara and fluidliner which stays on, and I use a Paint as an eyeshadow base.

SChotgurrl

The absolute worst is when you sweat soooo much your eyemakeup gets INTO your eyes! That happened to me once and I thought I was gonna die! I don't remember what I had on, but I know it was some MAC stuff...I also don't remember what it was that got in my eye...maybe just sweat but that shit burned like the dickens!!

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I hate when I get hairspray accidentally on my face when I'm spraying my hair, it feels horrible on the skin so I wouldn't do that.

When I'm at a club I usually skip foundation and just opt for powder, it lets my skin breathe more and foundation can slide off from sweating. I also use waterproof mascara and fluidliner which stays on, and I use a Paint as an eyeshadow base.

And since it's dark in the club, imperfections don't show as much!

TrusyMyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmer
And since it's dark in the club, imperfections don't show as much!

Until the lights come on..if you stay that late or until you walk outside and you can see how everyone looks.

My tips. No foundation. Concealor under eyes if needed. Bring your powder compact (I sweat sooo much and I get oily). so I wipe sweat off frequently and right before we are going to leave I powder.

I wear waterproof mascara, usually no bottom liner for me cause it runs (haven't found one that doesn't run). Good base like UDPP. And no matter what shadows I put on mine always stays. But, if you still
are scarred just do a simple hot look.

But, I have it worst. I have to draw on my eyebrows heavily..So I bring my pencil and powder with me as well to do a check up. Now, I use a sealer. Sweating and penciled in eyebrows. But, my eyebrows never wash away and if they get a little funky I just pencil them in again before we leave the club.

Well this is what I use to do when I went out. But, now..I don't go out to hot sweaty places.

HapaDynazty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrusyMyEyes
Until the lights come on..if you stay that late or until you walk outside and you can see how everyone looks.

My tips. No foundation. Concealor under eyes if needed. Bring your powder compact (I sweat sooo much and I get oily). so I wipe sweat off frequently and right before we are going to leave I powder.

I wear waterproof mascara, usually no bottom liner for me cause it runs (haven't found one that doesn't run). Good base like UDPP. And no matter what shadows I put on mine always stays. But, if you still
are scarred just do a simple hot look.

But, I have it worst. I have to draw on my eyebrows heavily..So I bring my pencil and powder with me as well to do a check up. Now, I use a sealer. Sweating and penciled in eyebrows. But, my eyebrows never wash away and if they get a little funky I just pencil them in again before we leave the club.

Well this is what I use to do when I went out. But, now..I don't go out to hot sweaty places.

i draw in my eyebrows too - what sealer do you use? see i usually dont carry too much goin into the club - i hate carrying my purse around ! i usually stick my ID in my bra and my money in there and lipgloss in a pocket and go! lol.

LineausBH58

god clubbing.... I haven't been it so long... when i did go i used waterproof mas.... and powder...lipgloss
th_confused_new.gif

kimmy

i've heard that the new mac liquidlast liners stand up to a serious beat down. i haven't personally bothered with them yet (though i'm really getting anxious to get one or two after all te great things i've heard about them!) so you may want to try those.

as for your eyebrows, you may also want to try the liquidlast liners. dress khaki, coco bar or point black would probably work for any hair colour
winks.gif

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by HapaDynazty
thanks for comments - i wish i could go without foundation my skin is sooo uneven toned haha

Try the MAC StudioFix powder! It's more opaque than most powders so will give you some coverage.

I usually only touch up my lipstick or lipgloss in the club, and maybe bring some powder, but I don't really care if I get sweaty, I mean, I'm there to dance and let loose, not to be perfect.

Latest posts