Collection name?

Makeup Emporium

I received an OLD lipstick that is in the old packaging with a batch code of 8A051 and it's called Bard'O. Does anyone know the collection name for this? I couldn't find it. Thanks!

Makeup Emporium

Also need help with some working names...
-Jewel - Lustre
-Muted Ginger - Lustre
-Hail Rozz - Lustre
-Euphoria - Lustre
-Fluid - Lustre - There's is a fluid but this is a lustre so Retrofluid?
-Angels Above - Lustre
-Blankety Blanc - Lustre - Blankety is an Amplified Creme so not sure
-Jungle Berry - Lustre
-Chintz - Lustre - There's a Chintz but this is a lustre so Chintz on chintz?
-Shade 32 - Frost
-Del rio - Lustre - There's a Del rio but this is a lustre so Return to del rio?
-Tiquelish - Lustre
-Pervette - Lustre - There's a Pervette but this is a lustre so Utter Pervette?
-Rose Bush - Frost
-Satiate - Lustre - There's a Satiate but this is a lustre not Amplified creme and it's not a neutral pink peach
Thanks!!

annikay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeup Emporium
I received an OLD lipstick that is in the old packaging with a batch code of 8A051 and it's called Bard'O. Does anyone know the collection name for this? I couldn't find it. Thanks!

It may just be a discontinued shade, not one from a collection. (Found this
smiles.gif

MAC Lipstick, Lipglass, Lip Conditioner & Lip Liner Collection

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
I don't know how much this will help but there's a link with a pic for comparison on a few colors and I'll look up the texture and add it here.

MAC Cosmetics Originals Lipstick Swatches: Makeup and Beauty Blog: Makeup Reviews, Beauty Tips and Drugstore Beauty Finds

Retrofluid is a lustre from MAC Originals
Back to Del Rio is a lustre from MAC Originals

Thanks, I saw that post which is what lead me to believe in the names I posted. I just wanted to be sure so I was hoping that there was someone on Specktra that knew, or had a list of, the MAC lipstick working names that they could compare. I seem to remember someone answering a bunch of questions before about working names but could not remember which member!! Thanks for the help!

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
I bought a few of the shadows from this collection...Alum, Daisychain, Charred, Frisco, Parrot and batch number A97 if that helps match with the bottom of the lipsticks. I had problems locating more on that collection before when I tried buying the rest of the shadows but they're all over CCO's here still. Just got the Frisco but I'll see if I can locate the working names on the others.

They are all marked as samples with just the working names so unfortunately there is no batch code to match up.
ssad.gif

I think Tiquelish may be Propogate and Hail Rozz may be Rozz Revival. Hopefully someone who is familiar with the warking names finds my post!!

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeup Emporium
Can anyone help with the working names??? Thanks!

th_dunno.gif so difficult to define. I will explain: I was testing an msf called Porcelain Pink about 18 mos. ago sneaky.gif -- I sent in my report and was as usual allowed to keep the tester sample. I thought it was Dainty! But then I got Dainty and saw that it was very different. It just was released publicly this year as we well know.

Additionally, I have had the Black Cremesheen which came out out with the Style black collection for about a year also.. It does not have a name but a few code nos. which are not batch nos. For the HK collection, I had THREE samples of Most Popular and all three were slightly different from one another!
And like these two examples, I have many products with totally different names and or code nos.
Remember batch nos. are from whatever specific factory is producing working samples. th_dunno.gif

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
th_dunno.gif so difficult to define. I will explain: I was testing an msf called Porcelain Pink about 18 mos. ago sneaky.gif -- I sent in my report and was as usual allowed to keep the tester sample. I thought it was Dainty! But then I got Dainty and saw that it was very different. It just was released publicly this year as we well know.

Additionally, I have had the Black Cremesheen which came out out with the Style black collection for about a year also.. It does not have a name but a few code nos. which are not batch nos. For the HK collection, I had THREE samples of Most Popular and all three were slightly different from one another!
And like these two examples, I have many products with totally different names and or code nos.
Remember batch nos. are from whatever specific factory is producing working samples. th_dunno.gif

Thank you for the explanation! I guess I may never know what some of these are.

Cinci

I have both Pervette and Utter Pervette. Utter Pervette is a Lustre, with a batch code of A97.

Utter Pervette on the Left; Pervette on the Right.
UtterPervettevsPervettewFlash1.jpg

Hope this helps!

fudejae

Highly aware that I’m replying to this 16 years later… hopefully you remember! Or maybe even found out info!! Anyway, here it goes!

I started doing some investigating on this “Bard’O” / “bardot” thing, bc i own a blush, or maybe large eyeshadow… But I have an old version labeled BARDOT… but recently stumbled across a matte blush that was labeled “bard’o” and also had a 5 digit batch code, like your lipstick. The code was 9F101 and found another 3 digit bard’o blush that ended in 99. I believe they are all absolutely genuine, but whenever I google MAC Bardot… I get pages of Brigitte Bardot makeup looks lolol! I have all but given up in my search for info on this puzzling name. But it seems to have crossed over from eyeshadow, to blush to lipstick… with slight variations on spelling.

My best guess… It was a shade released in the mid-late 90s, possibly from the PRO line, and did not last long. Which is maddening for me. Oh specktra community… please come back! MAC collectors need your brains!!

Also, I recently purchased an old eyeshadow called Frappé. It is a large 3gram size pan. Again no info online. Nothing but Makeup Geek Frappe, or McDonalds Frappe drinks………… annoyed. So i called Mac. All they could tell me is that Frappé was discontinued in 2000. Soo any info on that would be amazing as well!

shellygrrl

Staff member
Specktra has largely been a ghost town for years now. The vast majority of the membership has long moved on to wherever else, and the excitement about MAC in general has long declined overall as the market is so saturated and other brands are doing more interesting things and getting more attention. (Literally the majority of the time I'm on here is spent dealing with the approval queue deleting new accounts that have been flagged for spam.)

You may have more luck looking for MAC groups on Facebook to ask about this, posting on Instagram and tagging accordingly, or seeing if there's an active MAC subreddit and asking there.

Personally, I can't answer your question, as I simply don't know. I kind of remember Makeup Geek Frappé, but I don't know if MAC had an eyeshadow of the same name.

Latest posts