come on then MAC MAs - what's your perfect customer?

Melly44

I always have a list... i find when ever i go its so busy that they kinda run back and forth.. it gets kinda confuseing but im sure there loveing me for that list and to know what i want lol ..

lazytolove

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_emc
Someone who walks up to you with a list... i know that sounds bad but i seriously love it when i get one of those customers!

I did that!
winks.gif
. Well, i have to because i have bad memories. ;D

Love Always Ivy

someone who isnt like "is this on sale? does this have discount? no? nevermind. do i get something free? can you give me this half price? are you sure there is no sale? no gift with purchase? rebates? can i get my money back? can i have a sample? can i take this? ...."

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Always Ivy
someone who isnt like "is this on sale? does this have discount? no? nevermind. do i get something free? can you give me this half price? are you sure there is no sale? no gift with purchase? rebates? can i get my money back? can i have a sample? can i take this? ...."

Or:

"If I use up this eyeshadow, I can bring in the empty container, I can get the next one free, right? What? I can't? But that's what they told me in such and such city. I want a free eyeshadow. I think you should give me one because they told me I could. They used to give me free eyeshadows ALL THE TIME at such and such city. Nevermind, I don't want anything. I can get it cheaper at Mary Kay anyway. Will you do my eyes all smoky? Don't make me look like a hooker, like your co-worker over there. "

Love Always Ivy

people are ALWAYS making things up like that like it works. yesterday there were 3 of us working. and the lady was like "oh she said this was 75% off. since she said it, you should give it to me that price". by process of elimination, if i didnt say it, the girl next to me didnt say it and the last one is the manager and definetly didnt say it, which random person told you a made up sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
Or:

"If I use up this eyeshadow, I can bring in the empty container, I can get the next one free, right? What? I can't? But that's what they told me in such and such city. I want a free eyeshadow. I think you should give me one because they told me I could. They used to give me free eyeshadows ALL THE TIME at such and such city. Nevermind, I don't want anything. I can get it cheaper at Mary Kay anyway. Will you do my eyes all smoky? Don't make me look like a hooker, like your co-worker over there. "

liv

I'm glad that MA's don't mind lists, I usually take one for myself to remember to look at things, but I am too sheepish to hand it to someone to pull them for me. To me, it would seem like "Here's the stuff I want, now go fetch it." lol. I'm glad you girls don't feel that way.

I'm not a MA, but I think the perfect customer is the HONEST customer, and vice versa. I don't want to be talked into buying something I don't need, and if I, the customer, am asking your opinion, I really do want your *honest* advice. Yes, you can word it nicely, such as "That's maybe not the best color on you. Let's try something else," but please don't try to sell me something that I will want to return the next week because I didn't really love it in the first place. And as the customer, don't lead a MA on to think that you're going to buy this and this and this. If you're just browsing, TELL THEM. Don't waste their time and have them try a bunch of stuff on you if you have no intention of buying. I think the only thing I've ever asked a MA to do for me when I was just poking around was to sanitize a lipstick for me to try on. The MA's time is money, and I've seen them do girls' makeup, only to have them hop out of the chair and just say "I'll think about it."

saj20052006

I never have a list, but I usually go to the counter to get a staple that I need and also to get suggestions on other items that I could use in my collection. So I guess I'm a combo girl and I usually end up spending way more than I should because there are at least 3 MAs at my counter that I trust beyond the shadow of a doubt.`

c00ki312

i feel assured for next time i go mac shopping in america lol. but i wanna know how the uk mac mua feel? sometimes they can be a bit stuck up sometimes a good mood. u just gotta be lucky on the day you catch them lol

chocolategoddes

If I was a MAC MA (oh i wish!)
I'd love a customer who was truly interested in learning about makeup. I love to teach others about things I love. If she/he is polite and spends a lot then thats a plus cuz momma's gotta make some money too y'know!!!

hello_kitty

I am so happy that people appreciate lists! I always feel funny walking into the store with my list, but now I won't!
smiles.gif

Elusive21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
Totally agree! Lists rule!

I am so happy that this isn't a problem because I plan on bringing a looooooonnng list with me when I go to the MAC counter (and I'll be really polite too, of course
winkiss.gif
).

II3rinII

whats funny is, most mac girls were at one time list customers. we were talking about it at work the other day, i commented on how back when i used to stop there i always brought in a list, i knew what i wanted and was out the door and my manager said she was the same way. at the time i figured it made their job easier and also it helped me from being distracted and forgetting something. now as an employee i do love when someone says "i have a list", in fact sometimes we fight over those customers.

the customers i love:
- friendly people, a smile goes a long way
- people who love makeup like me and get excited about new products
- someone who loves the makeup i do on them and buys everything because they love it and want to recreate it (its tough when someone loves it but ends up being cheap for whatever reason and only gets like 1 or 2 things, it makes me want to ask "but dont you love it, you seem like you do")
- someone who knows what they want/like, indecisive customers can be a bit annoying especially when its busy. after all it is just makeup

"viva la list!!"

chickatthegym

Man, I wish I had you gals as my MA! I travel a lot so I haven't had a particular store that is my "go to". Seems like whenever I find someone I like, it is the time when I have my LIST and don't need any help. Then when I need matching for foundation or a powder, I get someone awful
ssad.gif
And I feel like I am the one who has to go out of my way to be nice and friednly to them because I am taking up their time. I have never even asked for more than just to match my foundation!

DirtyPlum

Quote:
Originally Posted by c00ki312
i feel assured for next time i go mac shopping in america lol. but i wanna know how the uk mac mua feel? sometimes they can be a bit stuck up sometimes a good mood. u just gotta be lucky on the day you catch them lol

I don’t think it would vary that much if I was working in the US. It’s the same company and the same products... but here goes:

· Love the List customers
· Love the ‘I was on your website and liked... can I try them’
· Love new collection addicts (although we don’t get much at my location)
· Decisive customers, who can look at something good and know its good... and buy it!
· The ones who say I have a budget of £100 (haha!)
· Men (kinda cute when they come in all clueless and shy about wanting some concealer – or to buy for their partners)
· I need to update my MU bag customers...
· Love the wannabe MUA and the enthusiasts
· Like the ones who will listen to suggestions I make to stuff they already have
· Returning customers

Favourites:
· LOVE the excited teenage girls who want their eyes done in really funky colours and gasp as the first stoke of Electric Eel goes on! Even if they don’t buy anything ...
· Esp love the ones who want to learn application techniques ‘’teach me how to apply liner, etc’’ my pleasure!
·

Don't like (I may get jumped on for this!):
· Divas
· ‘’I work for Chanel/Dior etc and their x product is actually better” but I’m still here...
· Can you do my MU for free, and I may not buy anything?
· The know it all friend who doesn’t know when to stop
· The suppressive partner “try the beige one on her, the pink one makes her look s*utty”
· The ‘’I want smokey eyes! but this makes me look Ive been punched in the eye and I actually don’t want a smokey eye just wanted something on my eyes ”

sassenach

Quote:
Originally Posted by II3rinII

the customers i love:
- friendly people, a smile goes a long way
- people who love makeup like me and get excited about new products
- someone who loves the makeup i do on them and buys everything because they love it and want to recreate it (its tough when someone loves it but ends up being cheap for whatever reason and only gets like 1 or 2 things, it makes me want to ask "but dont you love it, you seem like you do")
"

I must be one of the "cheap" people. What has happened too many times is MA's keep putting on a bunch of products after I've made it clear I'm in the market for only a shadow or a lipstick. I used to get bulldozed by MA's and end up buying more that I could afford, and subsequently returning most of it.

hawaii02

I've had MA's help me make a list (when they aren't busy). They didn't seem to mind as long as I knew it was for neutrals or whatnot. It would bother me as the customer to just go to the counter without a clue of what I was there for. After all, I WAS the one going to the counter in the first place.

Ruby_Woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassenach
I must be one of the "cheap" people. What has happened too many times is MA's keep putting on a bunch of products after I've made it clear I'm in the market for only a shadow or a lipstick. I used to get bulldozed by MA's and end up buying more that I could afford, and subsequently returning most of it.

I don't think you should feel as if you are "cheap" but at the same time, if you know you only want 1 thing and you know for a fact you can't afford more, you shouldn't feel pressured to make a purchase. I just think that one should know how much you can or can't spend. To me it sucks because returns even if untouched get thrown out and its a waste.

There are times when I feel the pressure to buy as well and I know I can't afford it, so I just have to stick to my guns and say no. I mean its not like sales associate will kick me in the ovaries if I don't purchase you know? I just think it comes to having a stronger personality. Im a sucker for makeup, I truly am, but also I make sure I know how much I can or cant spend.

II3rinII

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassenach

that probably came off wrong on my part. i couldnt really think of the the right word. if a customer says they are only in the market for one or two things then i try to give them what they are looking for. the ones that annoy me are the ones who LOVE everything i did, cant stop looking at themselves in the mirror, but then say 'i'll just take the lipgloss and powder". it makes me feel like somehow even though they love it, i didnt fullfill my job or that they were just using me for a free makeover. i want women to feel beautiful but i also want them to recreate the look at home, if they buy the foundation but not the brush, concealer and primer, they may get upset when they cant make their skin look the way i did and then end up returning the foundation becaues "it didnt look like how she did it" (we hear that all the time, and its frustrating, im not trying to sell you a brush just to sell it, it relly does make a difference). thats the "cheap"ustomer i was refering to, not you who is upfront about what they want.