"Coming Out" stories....

Kuuipo

I'm a dyke. I'm not bi. I don't hate men.I got interested in girls when I was 14. My parents knew,they were not happy about it,but they figured that was how I was,so they never discussed it. They always hated my girlfriends,however .Most people at work wouldn't guess. I don't talk about my personal life to my coworkers. A few know,a few suspect. I'm almost 45 and have never been married. In Hawaii, lesbians and dykes are invisible. We don't have lesbian bars,we don't have visible gay culture. I'm also a fairly conservative person. I don't consider being gay just a sex thing. I have been celibate for quite a while now,I can only have sex in the context of a relationship. When I was younger,I did face discrimination. When I was in the Army,I never dated. I had a thing for my buddy and I did some "time" for giving her a fully clothed back massage. I had to testify I was not gay,and of course I did so,just so I could stay. When I got out of the Army and went to Philadelphia, I had a series of gay bosses,and one lesbian boss,so life was cool. I just feel like you never really need to tell people unless they ask. Like no one asks some people if they are straight. I figure some people have gaydar. Right now I have a short haircut,I wear full makeup all the time,but I also wear men's shirt and trousers. I'm not feminine from the neck down,I don't carry a purse,and I can fix anything. I'm very masculine in my taste for sports and hobbies (I used to box,I like to shoot guns and rifles).I think the makeup throws some people off....that is how I express my creativity. At work, I wear a uniform. I like makeup. I also like fashion magazines. I love looking at beautiful women,and I had worked in cosmetology because I like making women beautiful. Beauty can be empowering.Everyone likes looking at beautiful people....gay men know this too. There are alot of them in the beauty industry,and I think they have not only revolutionized women's beauty,but they are influencing even straight men who are not "metrosexual".

amelia.jayde

i felt an attraction to males, when i was 8, but obviously, being so young, i didn't really know what it was. i came out as gay as soon as i knew for 100% that i was only attracted to males, as far as sex and romance goes. i was 12. i was openly gay in school and had to put up with a lot of shit for it, but whatever. i had my friends and that's all i needed. my mom told me it was okay and that she would love me no matter what and that was about it. later, at 16, i came out as transgendered and i had known since age 14 that i did not have a fully male gender identity. my mom had the same kind of reaction and none of my friends had an issue with it either. i'm currently a full time crossdresser, without any definite intentions of getting a sex change.

yeah, i don't have a long, interesting story to tell. sorry lol.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACaholic76
This is sooo true!!! The funny thing is that for women who are bi or lesbians it's more like...."oh word, when can we get our freak on" or the whole "three-some" light bulb goes off (particulary when dealing with hetero males). But for men, I think the stereotypes are far more hurtful. You can just read people's reactions and faces when it comes to gay men. I am actually thinking back when the movie Brokeback Mountain came out. I mean, literally, no heterosexual male would even talk about this, not ever. The point of the movie was completely missed. Uggh...lemme stop.

I loved that movie!! It had such universal themes of love, longing, discrimination, violence, lost chances...what a sad ending too.
ssad.gif

But most of the men I talked to about it just wrote it off as the "gay cowboy" film. Silly!

V15U4L_3RR0R

My mum - Bi, Poly. Her feller is Bi and so is her girlfreind. I'm bi too and My mum was just like ok cool. She wouldn't have cared either way. She didn't make a big deal of it. I'm lucky in the fact that I have a fried like that.

My dad - Straight as an arrow and raised in an Irish Catholic family. I haven't told him. Nor do i plant o any time soon. He doesn't know much about my life except he's met my feller. There's a lot of things I just don't tel him because I feel it's none of his business just yet. My brother knows and is equally fine about it. It makes him giggle when i sit and talk about fit girls lol. My brother isn't gay but is not really that attracted to women so he's more asexual.

PEople knew I was bi in high school and a lot of poeple called a dyke or a lesbo or whatever. But the one thing that made up for it all was one of my male friends came up to me and told me he's just split up with his missus. I asked why and he told me in a very fast and hushed voice that he was gay. I was the first person he'd told and I don't he think he would have told me if he didn't know I was bi and he knew how I dealt with it at school (I basically told people to go fuck themselves lol).

What I don't get is when women automatically assume that you fancy them when they find out you're attracted women. I mean are all narrow minded hetro women that full of themselves? lol. And they whole gay men are all pervs pisses me off as well. It makes me giggle the amount of bullshit people come up with to justify their own hate and fear.

wolfsong

"What I don't get is when women automatically assume that you fancy them when they find out you're attracted women. I mean are all narrow minded hetro women that full of themselves? lol. And they whole gay men are all pervs pisses me off as well. It makes me giggle the amount of bullshit people come up with to justify their own hate and fear."

I never get where this stems from - they must know that as a straight male/female they dont fancy all members of the opposite sex?! Blind ignorance makes me so angry.

V15U4L_3RR0R

Me either. I've never understood it. It does make me angry sometimes but I've come to realize that if that's what they think, then they ain't worth my time and I doubt that anything I do say would even make a dent in their mind.