concealer matching

eye_pr0mise

i wear NC43 studio fix. and i wanna get some kind of concealer.
preferrably liquid. i never have time to go to the mall and try out
the color. so i usually order my stuff online.

what concealer color should i get and what type is the best.

tinkerbelle2001

My foundation is SFF NC 42 and I use Select Moistercover NC 35, they work great together. I would recommend it!
clap.gif

saniyairshad

Always wear a shade darker of concealer, so that it blends in with ur foundation. That's what an MA told me.

eye_pr0mise

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniyairshad
Always wear a shade darker of concealer, so that it blends in with ur foundation. That's what an MA told me.

so if i were to get select cover up i would get NC 45 ??
i think thats the next one up after NC43

Kiseki

A shade darker of concealer?

Wouldn't that depend what you're trying to conceal?

If we're talking about select moisture cover it would be mostly for dark circles and I don't think a darker shade would work that great even when mixing with foundation.

Tash

I've always heard that your concealer should be lighter than your foundation.

martygreene

concealor shade depends largely on what you're concealing. For most people- concealing discoloration and undereye, you want something lighter than your skintone. Then, when combined with your foundation, it balances out to being closer to your natural tone, yet slightly highlighted to counteract the darkness.

Again, this all depends on what you're concealing. You don't want to use something light on blemishes, that highlights them and makes the physical bump more visible. In this case you want something that matches or is just ever so slightly darker- not a full step though.

saniyairshad

True like my Benefir Bo-ing concealer is a bit darker than my skintone because I have real dark undereye circles...so it mixes with my color and disappears them. The MA tried both the light and the medium...light looked made-up...but the medium looked alright. I'm an NC20. So, yeah...but for my blemishes I use NC15.

martygreene

If you're trying to manage redness, you are probably better off with a neutralizer than a concealer. you'll want something with a green tone to it- I strongly reccomend MUFE's foundation primer in the green shade. I use that on clients with redness and rosacea and it works wonderfully. Apply that, prior to your foundation in the areas where you have the redness.

Using a concealer for managing redness quickly becomes cakey and appearant.

Kiseki

I second the suggestion for the MUFE green corrective makeup base, it's very light and corrects the problem instantly.

makeupgal

Always buy a concealer that is one shade lighter than your foundation and blend it down to the top of your cheekbone so you don't have two upside down half moons under your eyes.