counter manager pay?

mkup1218

hi guys i have worked in cosmetics for 4 years (im 27). I just got offered a job as a counter manager for philosophy at Macy's. They offered me 15 an hour plus 3% commission. I feel like it is just not enough. what is the average hourly pay for a counter manager? Does this sound right?

im in chicago. thanks!

nursee81

That's it? how much do sales associates make? I was looking into switching my job to something in cosmetic retail. But I can't take such a pay cut.

rt66chix

I think Macy's tends to pay less than Nordstrom (I know Nordstrom CM's make more), but you can negotiate based on your experience in cosmetics. You should also be getting a small (like 1%) over-ride on everything your counter makes for the month in addition to the 3% commission, which sounds right.

mkup1218

thanks well i had a better interview today at nordstrom and i think i got a better offer so i am going to wait it out....

abbyquack

Nordstrom is a lot better anyways, so if you can get in with them, do it! They are one of the best companies in the U.S. to work for.

YSLGuy

Defintely more than $15 an hour. That is what associates should be making.

I would think a counter manager would be at least at $20

darkbeauty27

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSLGuy
Defintely more than $15 an hour. That is what associates should be making.

I would think a counter manager would be at least at $20

I would say that $15/hr. is what *very* experienced sales associates will be making, but I agree that counter managers will be making around what you quoted.