Counterfeit MAC Forum Bulletin Board

Janice

More and more consumers are becoming fans of MAC cosmetics, and have many legitimate reasons to turn to the internet to purchase their products. Please use this forum as a resource to learn about authentic MAC product packaging. Be an educated consumer, don't buy fakes!

Forum Guidelines:

• eBay links out are allowed for the purpose of researching authenticity of MAC products.
  • If you are found to be abusing this forum to shill your eBay auctions your account with be suspended without notice.
  • Do not divulge any personal information, this includes complete last names or addresses, for any reason unless first cleared by a Specktra.Net Administrator.

The opinions expressed in this forum are soley of the member and are not endorsed by Specktra.Net or it's staff.

alexlie

PLEASE HELP......are these REAL????

MAC7pcs.jpg

jillo

Someone actually gave this guy a postive review that said "I know it is fake, but my friends don't". Wow. For the price this guy is charging you could get some good mac brushes or 3 other decent sets online.

slepre

i know there are sellers who sell a mac pallete with 10 eyeshadows already filled with a brush compartment saying it is :

"authentic!
eyeshadow from mac!"

so ebay can't get him for his words and people are paying like 30 bucks for it, whever there account gets shut down they create a new one so they always only have like 10 feedbacks that are on like stupid products

people like that make me mad

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz749
wow i can't believe people!

hello all
yahoo.gif

Well Im fed up with ebay (UK)and the fake Mac products!My little sis has bought this fake Mac zoom lash mascara,it has no batch code,it has a silver sticker with PLushblack mascara,the outer tube is kinda very black !Smells soooo plasticky...sis has filed for SNAD ,with Paypal,but this seller is insisting the mascara is genuine !He has already previous negative for the same product but have a look at this fake Mac Waterproof Liquid eyeliner that they just sold today:180309564394...it has spelling mistake too on the box!!Yet people have bidded up to £14.25!!Genuine Mac liquid eyeliner sells for like £12!
specktra_rocks.gif

Can i include a piccy of this fake
9789_1.JPG

s.gif

Anyway sis was so upset that I went out and got her another Mac Zoom lash,from Mac counter and they had special offer 10% off all their products,so I also bought Dark Soul pigment...ahhhh smoky eyes here i come
winkiss.gif

ps.i emailed Mac customer services for their advice into this fiasco
nonono.gif

I detest fakes of any kind especially cosmetics
angry.gif

chocedition

Ok If you find out that you have purchased a fake product what are the steps you need to take to try to get your money back? I think this is something that we all need to know if we are buying from anyone other than a mac store. I bought from a seller off of ebay and turns out that it's a fake. I emailed her about and she told me she was sorry and to return it and then I'd get a refund. I'm thinking that it doesn't sound right. Should I just contact paypal b4 sending this crap back?By the way the seller is forzier-findings

Hey there,

I've already posted this reply into the "before buying brushes on ebay...."-thread, but maybe you can help me here as well! Thanks so much!

I'm new to MAC and only getting into the high quality makeup industry recently. But I'm eager to learn and I'm afraid I already have to learn from the first mistake I made:

I bought a brush set on ebay! And once I got it I wasn't as happy as I had expected to be when I held 10 brand new MAC brushes in my hands...

So, once I was suspicious my brushes might be FAKE, I started doing some research on the internet and I found YOU. I wish I had read this threat BEFORE I ordered the brushes. But the brushes looked very good on the ebay pictures AND the seller is a power seller who only sells Bobbi Brown and MAC brushes and has 600 positive ratings!

Anyway, I need your help. I'm not feeling to good about the set and don't have a MAC counter/store close where I could pop into and ask an actual MAC makeup artist.

I had problems putting the pictures of my brushes on specktra, so I set up a blog especially for the purpose to show you the brushes:

lisalovescapetown.blogspot.com

You can see pictures and some more details about the brushes on there.

Please check out the blog and tell me what you experts think: FAKE or AUTHENTIC???

I'm very curious if I was right.

Thanks so much already!!!

Love, Lisa

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooz
Yes I want to know this too! I'm on ebay - yes again! looking at them right now and I don't know if they're real or fake
th_dunno.gif

Does anyone know anything about this seller? > MAC SOLAR FIELD SOLAR BITS BRONZESCAPE NIB - eBay (item 320307278982 end time Apr-01-09 04:59:43 PDT)

I really want black ore and bronzescape
yes.gif
. I guess I can wait til Style Warrior comes out for bronzescape but I really want black ore now!!!
mac_haul.gif

I'd usually avoid sellers who don't use their own stock photos no matter how high the level of desperation is for a particular MAC product. This is just MY opinion... I think Solar Field has not been faked yet. Still though, I'd prefer seeing sellers use their own stock photos.

I have also searched for cozmetixclub in the counterfeit forum: http://www.specktra.net/forum/search...archid=3752820

Sold fake Grape. I'd avoid.

dirtball

i posted this in another topic but thought people may find it helpful here.

several months back i bought a 150, 116, and 239 on ebay. they dont smell funny or look particularly fake and i brought them to 3 different mac stores asking them if they thought they were fake. the first 2 places i brought them said they were real but the last place i went said they were fake and told me why.

moral of the story is....some fakes are so convincing, they can even fool people who work at mac and use mac brushes every single day.

p.s. youll never get your money back from the seller, or paypal, or ebay or whatever.

LatteQueen

you see this is why I NEVER BUY ANY MAKEUP OF ANY SORTS ON EBAY..NEVER EVER..I'D rather use up a certain amount of gas and go directly to the store and purchase or go to the MAC site(online) and purchase the item...I'D NEVER, EVER WOULD TRUST EBAY FOR ANYTHING..