Counterfeit MAC Forum Bulletin Board

booboo39

Please be aware that many of the ebay sellers especially those selling pigments will, in the beginning, sell auth items so as to build good feedback. After a while they start selling counterfeit. Some sellers even include pics of auth items but it is not what you receive when you buy from them . I recently purchased pigments from seven different sellers and only two were authentic. I immediately contacted them and told them I was sending the items for a full refund to include shipping, I didn't ask if I could sent it back I told them I would and upon my full refund I would not leave negative feedback. One or two indignantly indicated they had receipts to prove authenticity and went on and on about all their positive f/b. Many fake sellers have positive feedback because buyers are aware!! Vdarkbloom is authentic. The fake ones (just off the top of my head) were hatr61 & bevhasitall64. They were both quite indignant and had ridiculous stories how they buy closeouts lots directly from MAC.

1165Cheryl

Has anyone heard or shopped at Shopcraze.com? I had someone mention to me they were going to buy 1/4 tsp's there, I never heard of them so I went and checked them out. I saw their "copper" pigment and well it doesnt look like "copper". Some of the other colors are off but that could be from the lighting. Once I saw the copper I stopped looking since that told me all I needed to know. I told the person what I saw and sent them pictures of what copper really looks like.

Has anyone dealt with them before and if so what was your experience?

tina1wina13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
Has anyone heard or shopped at Shopcraze.com? I had someone mention to me they were going to buy 1/4 tsp's there, I never heard of them so I went and checked them out. I saw their "copper" pigment and well it doesnt look like "copper". Some of the other colors are off but that could be from the lighting. Once I saw the copper I stopped looking since that told me all I needed to know. I told the person what I saw and sent them pictures of what copper really looks like.

Has anyone dealt with them before and if so what was your experience?

I know this is an old question, but I did purchase NYX from there, it's real stuff, even JulieG13 from youtube and some others have used this site
th_LMAO.gif

I personally don't use pigment samples, from anyone because it's a sample of someone else's jar and that just is kind of unsanitary itself, but im sure it's fine
th_LMAO.gif

tofuglory1

Something I've noticed while shopping for MAC on ebay-- some auctions list their products as 'MACs'. While many may assume this is a typo, or that they actually meant MAC's, I'm pretty sure this is a loophole counterfeit sellers use to avoid being reported for selling fakes (they can just argue that Macs and MAC are different brands)

Also, check their feedback, and other listings they've sold. If most of them are listed as 'private', as in you can't click on the link to see what the buyer bought, I'd be very wary even if they had 100% feedback.

panda0410

Its not a loophole for counterfeiters ~ that "s" or "M.A.C" or other variations of MAC are usually used by sellers with limitations.... that is those who are not power sellers. Most non-power sellers have a limit (in AU anyway) of 5 MAC items per month and they use the title head to verify the number of listings. Only power sellers can list more than 5 per month. Once you have listed your 5 per month for x months then ebay reviews the limitations and can raise the number if MAC listings you are permitted to have. To get around that limitation its simply a matter of altering the heading title from MAC to MACs or something similar. It has nothing to do with the ctaegory you list in but the heading title. Using this diversion it can make your item not show up in as many searches, but the overall effect on sales is minimal.

vegas1

Re: Counterfeit MAC Blush or not?

Need help in determining is this Dollymix blush is fake. I'm sure the Coygirl is authentic, but the Dollymix font on the color label (on the box) is questionable, however, fonts are different sometimes when the color name is longer. The black color dot is also very, very slightly darker than the Coygirl (not REAL dark like those on fake pigments & eye shadows). Color seems fine. Also, sometimes when colors are released as part of another collection, the code numbers change. Both purchased at CCO (but that doesn't mean anything anymore). I didn't take a picture of the fronts of the boxes, as the print is identical, including all spacing between letters, etc. The print on the backs are slightly different though, as well as the back of the pots. Would appreciate feedback from someone who has the Dollymix (or several - since I think this has been released as part of a few collections & I'm not sure how old this is)! Thanks alot! See pictures.

Makeup Emporium

Re: Counterfeit MAC Blush or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas1
Both purchased at CCO (but that doesn't mean anything anymore).

If it was purchased at the CCO then the product is genuine. These stores are part of the Estee Lauder family of stores and they only sell authentic products at the CCO's. Buying MAC from a CCO is just like buying it from Macy's, Nordstrom's or from MAC themselves.

vegas1

I've seen counterfeits at CCO (it's been alittle while though), which is why I'm not so convinced and the font is different. Heck, even MAC store's have accepted returns that were counterfeit. I got these from a friend who said they came from CCO. If I had seen this myself, I would have compared it to the others in the store before buying
smiles.gif
Anyone with this color, w/box? Is the color name this spacey on yours and is the code number the same - although code numbers can be counterfeited too.
Thanks

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
I've seen counterfeits at CCO (it's been alittle while though), which is why I'm not so convinced and the font is different. Heck, even MAC store's have accepted returns that were counterfeit.

I have never seen a counterfeit at a CCO and have no idea how that would be possible. Even if someone managed to slip a counterfeit return to MAC or the CCO their policy is to throw them out so I don't know how they could make it onto the shelves.

panda0410

The policy is to ditch them, but I have definitely known people to be sold store returns and items that have very clearly been used on the odd occasion, so that scenario is entirely possible.

I've also known people to try to return counterfeits so I guess thats possible too, but these have been really isolated incidences and I wouldnt think it was a common occurance.

Nuria_28

Quote:
I've seen counterfeits at CCO (it's been alittle while though), which is why I'm not so convinced and the font is different. Heck, even MAC store's have accepted returns that were counterfeit. I got these from a friend who said they came from CCO. If I had seen this myself, I would have compared it to the others in the store before buying
smiles.gif
Anyone with this color, w/box? Is the color name this spacey on yours and is the code number the same - although code numbers can be counterfeited too.
Thanks

I have dolly mix and it has the same number in the rear side. I know mine is authentic because I bought in MAC. The colour looks a little bit different but that might be the camere settings.

vegas1

Does anyone have an authentic Goldbit and Henna eye shadow with the box (and 100% sure it's authentic because you got it at MAC)?? I recently bought both from a TRUSTED person, but the color label on the top of the box doesn't look right (the colors are dead on, but that doesn't mean anything these days). The color code on the Goldbit is A28 and the Henna is A98.
Thanks!

rjsmom84

I purchased some fake MAC blushes from ebay. They were Gingerly, Ambering Rose, and Raizin purchased from two different sellers. The packaging was exactly like the blushes that I purchased directly from MAC. I was a little concerned because the Raizin looked darker then the one I'd swatched in the store but I had no idea the other two were fakes. I realized they weren't authentic when I tried to depot them. The containers were a thin plastic that broke into a lot of different pieces. The shadow also crumbled immediately. The metal pans that the blushes were in were also different. They had groves in them and were also very thin.

I'm completely surprised at the quality of the fake packaging. I educated myself on youtube, here and other sites on fakes and these items didn't show any of the usual signs. Had I not depotted them I'd never known. One good thing though, I'm through with ebay MAC. I'm sticking to the MAC store or MAC online. I'm sure this will help me save in the long run.