Counterfeit pigments on eBay from Hong Kong - makeupforever168

caffn8me

Seller: makeupforever168
Seller location: Hong Kong
Site: eBay
Store: Only M·A·C items - All health & beauty - All items

Items identified as counterfeit:

ALL sellers items are counterfeit. First fifty listed only.
Notes:
324 sample pigments listed.

Many pigments listed are limited edition.

Seller is based in Hong Kong - many counterfeit pigments originate in Hong Kong

Batch numbers given for most pigments don't exist

Pigment jars arranged to hide printing errors on boxes

All 324 items above reported to eBay as counterfeit 18 Sep 2006​
Pictures:

Katura

WHOA! thats a ton of fakies right there! Thanks so much for looking out!

awesome detective work!
smiles.gif

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chic 2k6
you should be a MAC detective and moderator of this board

I've actually been speaking to Estee Lauder's director of global security and brand protection but he hasn't offered me a detective job yet
ssad.gif
It's something I'd love to do.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me

Seems like the seller is selling brushes + "giving" the MAC Pigment as samples. Are the MAC pigments fake? Can't really tell from the picture provided as it doesn't show the box or batch numbers or colour label.

Seller is still selling the products caffn8me reported last year. :/

darkbeauty27

Yep, they are fake. My mom accidentally bought some pigment samples from this seller and the consistency of the pigments was thin and looked to have some greyish film in them (might have been lead). I told her to trash the samples.

1165Cheryl

same here, if I see it's from hong kong, I dont buy. I usually get mine directly anyway unless i need a color fast...

socalmacfan

I bought Pink Opal sample pigment from this seller last year. The pigment seemed pretty grainy. I didn't know it then b/c I'd never bought or tried any MAC pigments, but when I bought my full size Pink Opal from MAC several months later I found the ebay sample was fake.

FYI: This seller makeupforever is no longer a registered user or selling on ebay. Maybe caffnme forced her out.

aeroSOUL

a lot of fake MAC comes from china... duhh...
if you purchased it, don't even use it, if it looks like it has lead or some other metal in it, it will probably harm you.
dont wanna get sick over lead posioning from a "MAC" product, do ya?!

Miss A

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
Store: Only M·A·C items - All health & beauty - All items

Items identified as counterfeit:

ALL sellers items are counterfeit. First fifty listed only.
Notes:
324 sample pigments listed.​
Many pigments listed are limited edition.​
Seller is based in Hong Kong - many counterfeit pigments originate in Hong Kong​
Batch numbers given for most pigments don't exist​
Pigment jars arranged to hide printing errors on boxes​
All 324 items above reported to eBay as counterfeit 18 Sep 2006​
Pictures:

you know i saw one last night on there that had to be at least 100 of them and the starting bid was only 1.00!! sounded to good to be true ya know!

eidetica

It's not just greyish stuff that looks like lead; All the pigments (as in coloring agents) are suspect because the Chinese will just use anything at hand. A lot of these, such as cadmiums and such are toxic. In fact about all coloring agents have a toxic form; or can be contaminated. There was a big problem with Russian artists supplies right after the Wall came down and students wanted them for the cool factor? And they're cheap. A lot of art students got very sick- because of poison pigments. The Russian stuff was bad, but the overflow orders farmed out to China were a disaster. And it's essentially the same thing. Paint or cosmetics, they don't care.

The Chinese will counterfeit anything! If it's popular and will sell they'll have a version out. They make some great Chanel counterfeit costume jewelry.

sweetbabyblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by eidetica
The Chinese will counterfeit anything! If it's popular and will sell they'll have a version out. They make some great Chanel counterfeit costume jewelry.

While a large proportion of counterfeits come from China, by all means China is not the only country producing fakes, but other asian countries do so as well (take Thailand and Vietnam for example). Just because an ebay item is not made in China does not mean that is safe as we all know. Counterfeit sellers are not necessarily in China, nor are they all Chinese.
I'm not defending the actions of Chinese counterfeit sellers, but I do find those generalised comment slightly offensive as I'm from Hong Kong and it gives the impression that as a race we're all dodgy and immoral (I'm not saying that you said these things, but that is the impression I'm getting from your post).

LatteQueen

crap..they make excellent fake designer bags too...No shame in my game now PURCHASING THAT..THOSE FAKE DESIGNER BAGS..Saves me more money to purchase MAC Makeup ..LAWDY HAM MERCY..