crisis!

ginger9

I'm sorry this happened to you, they sound like real bullies....yes, you are better off not working for them. But I understand how you would be offended for their unfair dismissal of you. It's up to you whether you want to pursue the matter with them further. If it make you feel better to let them know they have been unfair do so calmly and professionally. You want to show them you are professional and won't stoop to their level. Or you can just move on. You're so young and there will be plenty of other job opportunities out there. Another way of looking at this is now you know what to watch out for when you find another job!

trollydolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDivine
Maybe because I am in the legal profession and always fighting everything for my family and friends, but I would not let this lie.
Your case is an easy win; whether you choose to write to them (it's official and on record) explaning that unless you get a proper reason or opportunity for discussion then it is a case of unfair dismissal.
They have obviously done this because they think that they can do so to you.
I won't even begin to start on the fact that they are in breach of employment law, breach of contract, and that if you were to outline your case to them coherently, there is no way they could even argue. They would crumble at the prospect of legal action.

I'm not suggesting you sue them; what I am suggesting is that you don't just walk away from it and let them win.

I am more than happy to help you out of you need it. Just PM me
x

im in the process of writing a letter to them outlining everything that has gone and what i can prove was unlawful. and ive also proved in my letter that their reasons for firing me are unsupported and that the managers accusations were never investigated. im going to send the letter to them once i get my final pay next week.
i dont like the fact that they are most likely going to do this to another innocent girl. i walked past the shop today and theyre already advertising my job. i feel so angry about it all

thanks for all of ur support everyone!
thmbup.gif

Divinity

Sounds like this boss lady of yours in on some "my shit don't stink cause I'm the boss" trip. Even if she were the Queen of England, she has NO right to treat you this way! Who died and made her queen bitch? Quit, honey. Her business doesn't deserve such a super sweety.

JustDivine

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollydolly
im in the process of writing a letter to them outlining everything that has gone and what i can prove was unlawful. and ive also proved in my letter that their reasons for firing me are unsupported and that the managers accusations were never investigated. im going to send the letter to them once i get my final pay next week.
i dont like the fact that they are most likely going to do this to another innocent girl. i walked past the shop today and theyre already advertising my job. i feel so angry about it all

thanks for all of ur support everyone!
thmbup.gif

Good for you girl, I'm right behind you. Anything you need, gimme a shout. And keep us updated!!

Kalico

Hey Trollydolly,
Getting fired was for nothing but your own good. Their loss. Bad environments are not worth your time at all. When I was new to working I put up with a LOT of stuff that if faced with now, I would give them the finger and walk out. It's always upsetting when you deal with jerks in the workforce but there are jerks everywhere and you are definitely gonna have to experience them in jobs.

There is a job out there that is perfect for you, with people you'll get along with great. Don't settle. I am SO glad I didn't! After a year and a half of going job to job I finally found the best job ever, and now I've been there a year. It's a lot like relationships lol.

And next time... if anybody makes you cry, QUIT!! That is a very very bad sign!

meiming

Good for you Trollydolly, it sounds like you are handling it the right way. You know, as I was reading your original post, it actually sounded so ridiculous like a movie or something, not what a reasonable REAL person would do. If anything, those hags are apparently the evil stepmom and step sister of the bridal world. They absolutely should not be able to do this to someone else. I can't really offer advice more than what it sounds like you've come up with but good for you girl and I support you!

Girl about town

bitches!! she was obviously on a power trip and got angry because you didn't cave in and do what she told you!! your health is the most important thing any decent employer would agree! i would tell all the females you know to spread the word and boycott the shop and don't buy wedding dresses there lol x