Dark Soul pig?

MACATTAK

The batchcode would be okay...just get a picture of the bottom to be sure. The pigment powder itself looks a little different, but could just be my monitor
smiles.gif

panda0410

Not just your monitor...lol...I personally wouldnt touch it, the powder looks a little off to me. The batch code *should* be OK, but the pic just isnt right.

BTW - Dark Soul, or at least mine was, full to the brim - is this supposed to be sold as a part full jar or is it being sold as full?

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Not just your monitor...lol...I personally wouldnt touch it, the powder looks a little off to me. The batch code *should* be OK, but the pic just isnt right.

BTW - Dark Soul, or at least mine was, full to the brim - is this supposed to be sold as a part full jar or is it being sold as full?

pigments are sold by weight. so, some jars are full to the brim while others aren't as full.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
pigments are sold by weight. so, some jars are full to the brim while others aren't as full.

Yes I am aware of this. My point was that there shouldnt be so many inconsistencies with batches in the SAME colour that one is full and another is half full - I was referring to my own Dark Soul pigment.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
No its not selling as full. My monitors too dark, i really should change it! Is it greyish for you, because it looks pretty much black with the slightest hint of silver flecks for me?

Found the auction again:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=009

Ooh, I still wouldnt touch it. If this has been used only once as stated then where did the rest of it go.... The colour still seems off to me and so does the consistency of the powder in that pic.

noahlowryfan

i would get this from the stores or counters. don't want to risk buying it online and later receive it and turns out its a fake.

wolfsong

Oh i would gladly go to a store if i was remotely near one - im planning on a pro store raid! The majority of what i buy on ebay (which frankly isnt alot) is LE/discontinued and due to my makeup gluttony i am willing to pay through the teeth to get certain products (dark soul fell into none of these catagories, im just attracted to the name...) I have a tendency to watch certain things so i can convince myself i dont need them. Im too much of a magpie - getting things i have no use for just because they're pretty/shiny. Enter Lustdust...

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
Im too much of a magpie - getting things i have no use for just because they're pretty/shiny. Enter Lustdust...

LOL!!! Lust dust - I have it too
winks.gif
Try it in a body cream over shoulders etc, looks really nice in the evening!

macslut

I plan on using dark soul as a mascara with some colorful undertones added in depending on my makeup and mood. (of course, my makeup always seems to be depend on my mood...hmmmm).

Personally, I would not touch it...it looks off. If you are not sure and it is online, don't get it. If it is a scam, they will be far gone before you realize it and you will be out the money you could have used on legit mac products.