depotting blushcremes?

mzreyes

Has anyone depotted a blushcreme? Is that even advisable? lol! I've only depotted e/s and powder blushes using the candle method. Well actually I use a lighter.. I'm asking because there are some blushcremes at the CCO and I want to get them, but I want them to be in a pallete. Those pots take up too much space!

mzreyes

meh... i guess i'll have to buy the pans
tong.gif

mzreyes

I could have sworn that I someone posted a thread on here where she didnt use heat to depot stuff.. or maybe I WISH I saw it. lol.. UGH!! I want cheap blushcremes!! hahahah.. yea I'm not even gonna try to depot them.. better safe than sorry!

Dark_Phoenix

I've tried to de-pot the creme liners and it was a DISASTER. It melted all over, spilling onto my hand, floor, etc.. despite being careful.

The screwy looking one (top row, center) is it.

aeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzreyes
I could have sworn that I someone posted a thread on here where she didnt use heat to depot stuff.. or maybe I WISH I saw it. lol.. UGH!! I want cheap blushcremes!! hahahah.. yea I'm not even gonna try to depot them.. better safe than sorry!

You mean the freezer method? It doesn't work
ssad.gif

lara

I've depotted blushcremes using the same method I use to depot eyeshadows - http://mac.larahill.com/depotting.htm

It's a high fast heat, so the blush doesn't get a chance to outright melt. I stick an iceback underneath it to provide extra insurance against melting.

BlahWah

This question has been posted before*, and I've found Lara's method to work for me. I've depotted Maidenchat, Brit Wit and Lune with no problems of melting. There was a scare, tho, since Lune had more glue than the others!

*search isn't working for me, I'll see if I can find it 2mo.