Dior Cosmetics Discussion

pippa!

my aurora arrived and i think i can work it! definitely needs a light touch & huge fluffy brush (i'm using lancome minerales tropiques, which i use for loose & pressed powder too.. brilliant brush for a light application imo) but i look sunkissed rather than orange, hurrah!! i'm so happy, it's so beautiful <3

bis

[quote name="pippa!" url="/forum/thread/132941/dior-cosmetics-discussion/360#post_2122517"] my aurora arrived and i think i can work it! definitely needs a light touch & huge fluffy brush (i'm using lancome minerales tropiques, which i use for loose & pressed powder too.. brilliant brush for a light application imo) but i look sunkissed rather than orange, hurrah!! i'm so happy, it's so beautiful <3
[/quote] Great to hear :) I just wish it would work for me, as I said, the texture is divine :)

Shypo

My counter is getting the new quints, 5 Couleurs Lift in early june! There will be 4 of them. I'm curious to see how they are different from the old ones. Anyone of you have seen it?

Yes! They just came out here - all four of them. I haven't tried them yet, but am interested. I'm going to check them out in person next weekend......I like the Amber and Rose.

Miss QQ

^^ Let us know! If I remember I'll swing by the counter next weekend to see if they are launched.

anita22

Yes! They just came out here - all four of them. I haven't tried them yet, but am interested. I'm going to check them out in person next weekend......I like the Amber and Rose.
They have made it to the UK now too. I didn't get much of a chance to play with them, but the colours were mainly beautiful neutrals. The formula felt very soft and smooth. I need to go back and play some more!

ansimi

I checked out the new quints today. I didn't play too much because my favourite Dior girl wasn't there and I value her opinion and only buy from her.

The texture of the liner shades seemed fantastic - really pigmented but amazingly blendable. I've never seen anything quite like it. I would be worried about how the texture lasts though. I'm afraid the product might dry out and the little pan takes in a lot more air than typical liner pot/pan with it's own lid.

I was less impressed with the cream base in the middle of the palettes. It seemed pretty greasy and I'll have to learn more about how it's supposed to work and try them out on my eye lids before I'd buy one.

The colours are all really nice neutrals and all the palettes are beautifully coordinated. I think you really could do whole eye looks with just one of these, mascara, and probably 2 brushes. I didn't see what applicators it comes with? If it has a usable liner tool and the usual sponge tip applicator then I would maybe only need one separate blending brush.

Shypo

I checked the quints out today too - I'm a bit on the fence about them - I think I'd have to try them on to see how I like them. I really liked the Amber one, and the really soft one (don't remember the number/name).

I also ordered Bobo Addict lipcolor - I've been wanting that one and finally broke down and got it. The SA had a hard time finding it for me, so I'm glad I got it now.......

Miss QQ

^^ What colour is Boho? Congrats on finally getting it. Is the quint Ivory? It think the very nude one, while Rose is slightly more rosy. I'm drawn to Ivory and Amber too, but I'm also on the fence. Let us know when you have a better opinion about them.

Shypo

Bobo is a pretty clear peach color - similar to Misia, but not the same. I'll have to swatch the two when I receive Bobo to more accurately describe it.

Yes, I believe the lighter one is Ivory - I will definitely let you know. I was a bit overwhelmed yesterday when I was trying to look at them - even though I know the SAs, sometimes they're a little draining.....she was trying to show me so many things, and look stuff up, and order my Bobo - it was a bit much. I will try to swatch them when I have some 'alone' time (she goes on vacation soon ;)).

Anneri

I got a sample of Diorskin Nude in 030 yesterday. At the moment it's a bit dark for me, but could maybe work in the summer with a little tan.
On my hand it felt really good - but does it do that for which its advertised? 'Naturally perfect skin that doens't suggest a hint of makeup?'
Because that would be perfect - I'm looking for a lighter foundation for summer at the moment. Normally I use Prolongwear or Studio Sculpt, in summer I normally switch to mineral foundations in powderform, but due to reasons unknown to me my skin isn't as well looking at the mo, so I'm not really confident to wear to my usual mineral powders.
Long speech short, any thoughts on the Diorskin?

anita22

I got a sample of Diorskin Nude in 030 yesterday. At the moment it's a bit dark for me, but could maybe work in the summer with a little tan.
On my hand it felt really good - but does it do that for which its advertised? 'Naturally perfect skin that doens't suggest a hint of makeup?'
Because that would be perfect - I'm looking for a lighter foundation for summer at the moment. Normally I use Prolongwear or Studio Sculpt, in summer I normally switch to mineral foundations in powderform, but due to reasons unknown to me my skin isn't as well looking at the mo, so I'm not really confident to wear to my usual mineral powders.
Long speech short, any thoughts on the Diorskin?
I really like the Diorskin Nude - actually, the liquid foundation, loose powder foundation and concealer are all fantastic products. Yes it definitelydoes to as advertised - it's one of the most natural looking foundations I've tried. My only complaint with it is that once it dries down it does turn quite a bit darker, so before you would buy I would test your sample on your face, leave it for a minute to dry, and check that it is still a good shade for you.

The other foundation you might want to try is Bobbi Brown Skin which has a similar claim and is my current favourite foundation for summer - it's even lighter than the Dior but offers more coverage than say, a tinted moisturiser, and the finish is also extremely natural. I prefer it to the Dior but only because I can find my exact shade match in Bobbi Brown and not Dior (I'm in between 030 and 040).

Hope that helps.

Anneri

Thanks Anita for the excellent review!
I'll look into the Bobbi Brown one for sure then but will also try the Diorskin as you suggested - I hate it when products turn darker! That's good to know for sure.

Shypo

Great feedback Anita! Thanks! I've been on the hunt (seems like forever) for the perfect foundation - I have a few that are 9s, but really no 10s. I'll see if I can snag a sample of the Diorskin Nude - one of the ones I haven't tried yet.

Miss QQ

^^ Let us know how you like it. I tried 030 of the diorskin nude sample twice, too dark for me, but I like the finish and the feel of it on my skin. I have diorskin extreme fit foundation and I'm very impressed with it. The colour fits me well, and it gives light to medium coverage but doesn't feel or look heavy. It is almost finished so I'm thinking of getting a new dior foundation because dior seems to make great foundation.

ansimi

Dior does make great foundation! And I think their range is good so most people can find something that works.

I got to talk to my Dior girl about the new palettes today. I could tell right away that she wasn't a big fan. I know she does a lot of bridal business so I asked her if she'd be adding any of these to her kit and she said that she didn't think so. These are all perfect bridal colours so that told me everything I needed to know.

Romina1

My precious Aurora bronzer had an accident yesterday!. I had noticed a couple of days ago that there's was somrthing sticly around it. It was the glue that somehow had melted and moved around the powder. Disgusting! anyway... yesterday I opened it and the powder part only started to fly and fell on the floor! Thank God it didn't fall upside downd and there was a minor damage in one corner. The glue had melted. I put it again in its place and it sticks well without doing anything. But what made the glue like this? It's my everyday product since I got it and I wouldn't be able to replace it as it is sold out here...

Shypo

Oh, Romina! That's terrible! It sounds like you salvaged most of it, but wow. I wonder why that happened?

You might want to contact Dior to let them know - perhaps there was a problem with their manufacturing process - who knows, they may offer you something for your trouble.....it's unlikely they can provide a replacement, but it never hurts to check.

If you do end up wanting to replace it, there are a couple of sites that carry LE products like strawberrynet and izzy's beauty.

missanne

My precious Aurora bronzer had an accident yesterday!. I had noticed a couple of days ago that there's was somrthing sticly around it. It was the glue that somehow had melted and moved around the powder. Disgusting! anyway... yesterday I opened it and the powder part only started to fly and fell on the floor! Thank God it didn't fall upside downd and there was a minor damage in one corner. The glue had melted. I put it again in its place and it sticks well without doing anything. But what made the glue like this? It's my everyday product since I got it and I wouldn't be able to replace it as it is sold out here...
The same thing happened to mine. I just stuck it back into place but the oozing eventually got worse so when it fell out again, I just wiped the melted glue off and used crazy glue to adhere it again. I thought mine was the only one.

Miss QQ

Wow Dior is a HE brand and this happens! I just took off some points from my personal impression of the brand.