Dior Cosmetics Discussion

Ejka

The collection was already out in Paris (at the huge Sephora in Champs Elysee) when I was there during Easter holidays. There were a bunch of new bronzers - 4 (maybe 6?) seemed like 'proper' bronzers (I didn't swatch these as they appeared to be 1 colour and thus pretty 'regular') and I believe 4 that overall looked lighter and had a couple of colours thrown in. I swatched #1 and #3 (#3 was on display just beneath #1) which were by far the lightest and seemed to be the easiest for my pale self to pull off. I ended up passing on both. My time was quite limited (lots of sightseeing to do and a bored/tired bf by my side :)), and I figured they'll available here (Luxembourg) soon enough. The main reason I didn't opt for either was that I detected some orange tint (reminiscent of last year's Aurora that, although drop dead gorgeous in pan, didn't really work for me) - or maybe it was just the horrible Sephora lighting. I'll definitely give them another shot and swatch them again (perhaps compare to new Chanel ones) when available. However, I can assure you that the pics where #1 looks practically pink are waaay off. All products look like bronzers of some sort and have beige/brown bases (of different tones, of course).

JulieDiva

dont seem to be gone from the states but here Ireland and Uk they seem to be gone I went to 3 different counters to try buy them got the last ones at the 3rd all 3 SA's said they were being Discontinued

hmm, what is being discontinued?

JulieDiva

i dont think so

last years aurora was peachy and this one is pink.

My Dior Sa told me the powders are peachy, not pink like the picture suggests..and she said that some colours are the same as last year due to overwhelming love from customers?

Dominique33

The palettes ( 5 eyeshadows ) are available here, I bought both of them " Aurora " and " Swimming Pool ", I would really advise both, they're so different and totally amazing. Bronzers and blushes for summer have not come out yet ( here I mean ), they look beautiful on the blogs very chic too, well I'll pass on them but Croisette is a very pretty collection rarely seen. The YSL collection is also gorgeous and their new nali polishes are waouh ! And I am not a fan of YSL make-up at all ! This time though summer 2012 is great.

Monsy

they are discontinuing dior shimmer powders in amber diamond and diamond rose. i can't believe it... what a stupid move from dior

Miss QQ

^^ Oh no! I must buy Amber Diamond soon then! I like it a lot for years but have not buy it yet. I thought they are star products, so why would Dior discontinue them.

Some swatches of the gloss and nps for summer. I am liking the gloss!

http://messywands.blogspot.com/2012/04/dior-addict-ultra-gloss-in-orange-sari.html

http://messywands.blogspot.com/2012/04/dior-summer-2012-dior-vernis-bikini-and.html

Dominique - Are the quints pastels? Are the 5 colours in each quint unique? I don't like that usually there are 2 or 3 colours that are very close. I agree, the YSL summer collection looks great!

Dominique33

Yes Miss QQ there are 5 different shades in each. " Aurora " is much warmer than " Swimming Pool " , both are totally unique in fact. I have the 2 palettes from the Spring Collections ( garden pastels and garden roses ), I would not say that colours are close. Exactly the same with Aurora and Swimming Pool, just great. But it depends on what you use ( M.A.C, Nars, others ? ), Dior is not as pigmented as Nars, it's very pretty though. The YSL quads are much more intense ( very beautiful indeed ), to compare Dior is lighter.

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks! I have to see this collection in person. Did you see the new eye glosses? The spring quints are beautiful, but I didn't buy them as they are a bit too frosty for my liking.

Monsy

You should, it's my fav highlighter!
i sent them email regarding these and this is what they answered:

Dear Ms. *****,

We would like to thank you for your loyalty to Dior Skin Shimmer Powder that you regret not being able to find in our Makeup collection.

Our Marketing Department decided to take this product off the market. Our goal is to create fashions and keep our lines constantly up to date with the launch of new products and the elimination of other products whose sales show that they do not quite match our customers' needs.

Please be assured that our teams are continuously working on the development of new, even more effective products.

We remain at your disposal for any further assistance.

Yours Sincerely,

Nadjaah
Dior OnLine - Parfums Christian Dior

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss QQ

^^ Oh no! I must buy Amber Diamond soon then! I like it a lot for years but have not buy it yet. I thought they are star products, so why would Dior discontinue them.

JulieDiva

OMG NO....run and buy Amber Diamond ladies!! I have purchased a few other highlighter from all the big brands...and this is my fav too!!

WHY would they do this? My local sephora and the Bay stores are always running low or sold out of this powder....I need a back up.
Although my fav Dior lady said they probably have a newer, possibly better one coming out, that must be the reason...

Dominique33

Yes I have seen them ! They look pretty. " Eyegloss " is something I am not used to but I think it's great. Last fall I was amazed by Les illusions d'ombres from Chanel, it was quite surprising. This spring we have the eyeglosses from Dior !
The nail polishes are pretty too, and blushes and powders well classy !

Miss QQ

Monsy - It would help if they are more specific. But they make it clear the product is discontinued, so are you getting backups?

OMG NO....run and buy Amber Diamond ladies!! I have purchased a few other highlighter from all the big brands...and this is my fav too!!

WHY would they do this? My local sephora and the Bay stores are always running low or sold out of this powder....I need a back up.
Although my fav Dior lady said they probably have a newer, possibly better one coming out, that must be the reason...
So is it certain that there will be a new one? Now I can't decide if I should get Amber Diamond or wait for the new one.

Dominique - Do the eye gloss dry up instantly on the lids or do we have enough time to give it a good blend? I'm interested in them but if they dry up quickly then I'll pass.

Dominique33

I don't know, I just saw the glosses but didn't try them. They look pretty but I have no idea if they dry up rapidly on the lids.
I will go to Sephora soon, I'll ask and if I get an answer I will post it.

Dominique33

I was told the texture was semi liquid, smooth and very easy to apply. It lasts long and is nicely shimmering. The Ilusions d'Ombres are thicker.
Dior glosses dry up " normally " ( again I didn't buy, the person from Sephora gave me a bit more information ).
I don't know if this is useful, if I buy one or two I will post.

MrsBombshell

Amber Diamond is being discontinued? It is still available at my local department stores, I'm going to have to buy some back ups! I will never understand why companies discontinue best sellers.

Miss QQ

^^ I got a mailer showing one of the bronzers in the pic, so I think my counters are getting at least one. Not sure which bronzers Dior is releasing in Asia. Dior has a strange assumption that Asia needs a different type of bronzer - last year we got a highlighter version of Aurore (Aurore never made it here). Very disappointing!

Haven

I saw the summer collection today in person. I ended up walking away with both eyeshadow quints, the orange gloss, coral np, and the eye pencil. I think that this collection is amazing. I haven't looked at Dior for a while, but this collection really caught my eye.

Now I need to bu amber diamond.