Disaster with Maybelline's mousse blusher

Doowop

I bought it yesterday because it was on discount. I tested it on the back of my hand in the store, it went on well, the texture is fluffy and airy and light.

I went home to try it on top of my foundation. Maybe because I have oily skin(although I dabbed the oil away) or my foundation isnt' fresh, but it went on very patchy. It glides on so well that the more I rub it the more the mousse disperses until it forms a ring around the area I am rubbing it on because the colour gets pushed away. There is no colour left on the area, it is all in the ring. And the mousse settles into any crevices on the skin which makes it ugly. It also flakes off into tiny rubbery pieces.

My friend who used it said she had no trouble. I saw her later that night and it looked relatively fine on her. I went on MUA and there are really good reviews there, the product has ratings of 3.9 and 4.1.

So it must be the way I applied it, it's my first time using a mousse blusher. Any of you use it, and how do I apply it properly?

peruvianprinces

i know what you mean .. when i first got that blush i tought it was cute but then i was like ..ok the application is gonna suck.
what i use now is the 188 (baby jr. skunk brush) dip it into the blush and then I just blend it in circular motions on the apples of my cheeks and then working my way "almost" up to my temples NOT but not touching them ..mm you get the idea?
if you cant get the 188 i would try getting some blush on your fingers and rubbing them a little bit just til it seems its melting :p then apply it to your cheeks.
hope that helps!
tell me how it works for you =)

abbey_08

i had the same thing! except when i applied it to my cheeks it sort of swirled up with my foundayion and went all lumpy. its a disgusting blush! i had the same thing with the foundation going into all my pores but i switched up my primer and its fine now.

Doowop

thanks for all your help! It's nice to read that I'm not the only one..will try it again soon, and see if the tips work!

Zoffe

I either use my fingers and just dab it on (not rubbing) or I use a regular blush brush. It works great for me when I do it like that
smiles.gif

gigiopolis

Could it be because the blush itself is very matte in texture? I don't have it, but I have a product which is like that...basically like a powder in a cream form? Perhaps you could try using it on top of powdered textures as opposed to creamy, dewy, liquid ones. Like try dusting some translucent powder on top of your foundation before using the blush.

I have no idea if that would work but it's an idea.
th_dunno.gif