Do i need the MAC 187?

Kat

If you're hooked on MSF and blush then GO FOR IT. It's even more expensive in Australia ($82AUD) and I weakened and bought it one day and i've never looked back. It'll take your obsession to a whole new level. I love it because it's so easy to build cheek products from sheer to a bit darker and it makes placement a breeze.

YOOTOPiA

i held off for awhile due to the price, but after i purchased it i haven't regretted a single penny and have actually gotten a second. its worth it... not only can u use it for msf and blush but you can use it for foundation in liquid and powder form. its so versatile and does an amazing job of blending/buffing and layering colors subtley.

bellaetoile

i have two and use them both daily. one for cream based products, one for powder products such as MSFs. i promise the $42 lessens once you buy the brush, because it is so versatile and amazing. GET IT
smiles.gif

KJam

Yes - you must have one if you like the MSFs. I use mine daily for MSF and cream blush

user79

I don't use MSF, what else can I use it for? How is it any different than a normal blush brush?

tepi_telfast

I, too, have been thinking of getting this brush but really unsure because everything I've read about this brush says that it helps to apply dark colours LIGHTLY. The thing is, I have dark-ish skin compared to most girls here (NC40) and I'm afraid that this brush will be utterly useless as any light colours don't show up at all on my skin?

Bootyliciousx

I have heard it is comparbale to Flirt Feather Dust-her "Skunk" brush. Has anyone used this brush?

^ I have the same concern as tepi. I am horrible at putting blush on. I put too much on, though I like the look. DOes it help apply the MSF better since thats my new addiciton lol.

Bootyliciousx

I got this and I absoltuely love it. It does a great job with putting blushes msf's on. Works great for a blush challanged like me

depecher

I was stupid for a few months after I bought my MSF. I thought a Flirt skunk brush from Kohl's was as good as the 187. It wasn't. It was complete garbage. I finally caved and bought the 187. I soooooooooo regret not paying the $42.00 and starting out with that brush. It's an amazing brush. I looooove to touch it because it is so incredibly soft. Like someone said, the price is completely worth it. You won't regret it, I promise!

depecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootyliciousx
I have heard it is comparbale to Flirt Feather Dust-her "Skunk" brush. Has anyone used this brush?

^ I have the same concern as tepi. I am horrible at putting blush on. I put too much on, though I like the look. DOes it help apply the MSF better since thats my new addiciton lol.

This brush is amazing. It applies your MSF in a neat manner. There are no globs of MSF on your face. It deposits like a dream. Stay away from the Kohl's brush.

MissMarley

Get the Flirt Feather Dust-her brush. It's $6- and a very close copy. Use it for a while, get used to it, and if you really love it, then invest in the 187. I adore my Flirt brush because I have narrow cheekbones, and the 187 was too big for them. My Flirt brush deposits the perfect amount of color every time.

Kristen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tepi_telfast
I, too, have been thinking of getting this brush but really unsure because everything I've read about this brush says that it helps to apply dark colours LIGHTLY. The thing is, I have dark-ish skin compared to most girls here (NC40) and I'm afraid that this brush will be utterly useless as any light colours don't show up at all on my skin?

I just bought it the other deay and it IS amazing. I think when people say it applies dark colours lightly... they mean to say highly pigmented colours sheerly. It doesn't change the colour of the product at all, but it does allow you to choose the coverage/opacity.
Personally... I haven't touched my Fleur Power blush in 6 months, but now I've grabbed it every day since I bought the brush. It is amaaazing with bronzer too!

user79

I just bought it today. I'm not sure....I'll have to play around with it a bit more. It is very soft but I'm not sure how it puts the blush on really differently than the one I was using before? Hm. I'll report back when I've used it some more.

ikapela511

do i REALLY need 2 187's?????

ok..so????i've heard the great hype over the stippling/skunk/187 brush...and so my lame ass decided to buy one and 'OH MY FRCKN HOLY COW!!!".....it's so awesome......i use it specifically for my AWESOME blushes......BUT!!!!!
i heard that it give an awesome "airbrushed" look when you use it to apply foundation (studio fix fluid, which by the way is my fave)..sooooo....do i really NEED to purchase ANOTHER 187 for this??..the price is a lil steep.....HELP?????...

P.S....i looked at the flirt(kohl's brand) and it's not as "wide" as the 187...

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikapela511
ok..so????i've heard the great hype over the stippling/skunk/187 brush...and so my lame ass decided to buy one and 'OH MY FRCKN HOLY COW!!!".....it's so awesome......i use it specifically for my AWESOME blushes......BUT!!!!!
i heard that it give an awesome "airbrushed" look when you use it to apply foundation (studio fix fluid, which by the way is my fave)..sooooo....do i really NEED to purchase ANOTHER 187 for this??..the price is a lil steep.....HELP?????...

P.S....i looked at the flirt(kohl's brand) and it's not as "wide" as the 187...

I think you'll find that masses will say YES!!!!!

While I know some gals love their 187 lookalikes, the truth is nothing and I mean NOTHING compares to the real thing!
The brush is worth the money!

BTW you are right Flirt's is not as dense. None of the lookalikes are as dense as the 187.

ikapela511

well...it looks to me that my wallet needs a lil attention at the MAC counter....yippee!!!!...i love finding excuses to BUY something at the MAC counter..LOL...

Latest posts