Do you apply your make up at home or work?

babyjazy21

I think you should try asking your manager.
Like I said at my counter everyone including managers finish applying their makeup in the back. At our counter the require a special look every friday and saturday so its not like we all can afford to own the whole collection, so we just go in 30 mins before our shift and just do our eyeshadow and lips. But if its just a normal day then yes i agree you might want to just do your makeup at home and touch up at work if needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honesty
Thanks for the input guys!

I actually do see myself putting on about 80% of my make up at home and finishing it at work because I only have 25 eyeshadows and a handful of pigments and I might need something that I don't have at home to complete the look. Also, I'm a full time student and I know that one day out of the week, I'll have to go in after class and I can't wear a full face to college. Hopefully, it won't be a problem!

TamiChoi

I'm not a MUA, but IMO I agree that you should go in prepared? I think its a great impression on the first day as well. The rules are probably different at other counters/stores, so I'd ask the manager. HTH!

honesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEA2LS
Hello, good luck with your job
smiles.gif

I just wonder why you don't think you can wear a full fact to college? College is a great place to experiment with different looks!

At my school, only a certain type of girl come to class with a full face of make up. The rich girl who wears designer labels and is easy to get with. Everyone else just wears eyeliner or lipgloss. Nothing more. I wear foundation, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss but it all fits my style. If I went to school with the make up that I'm supposed to wear to work, my friends would probably laugh at me or critisize me or something. I hate how people are so quick to stereotype!

Thanks to everyone who posted! I feel way more confident now.
smiles.gif

MACisME

you should always come to MAC with a full face of makeup. im pretty strict with it. it shows commitment to the job and also time management and effort. time after time when you're wearing a look and u dont have the lip i come in earlier to put it on but eyeshadows you can and should be able to replicate =) good luck girl!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
Edited to add, it should be done in the back! We are really not supposed to do our makeup at the counter.

agreed. we can do lips and blot powder at the counter, like when we first get there or after lunch, but only if all customers are being helped and no one is at the makeup stations. if you need to do a required look and you don't have the product, then you can either take the makeup to the stockroom or the bathroom to do it. nothing but lips and blot powder can be done at the counter.

also, when there are required looks and you don't have the product, mac allows you to take samples so that you can do the looks without having to buy them all or come in early to do your face. unfortunately, my department store no longer lets any store employee have samples, even us (even tho we are partnered and require certain looks to be worn-it kinda screws us over). but we have our ways.
sneaky.gif

they don't expect you to have alot of colors when you start, so definately on the first day go in with a full face and ask what they recommend you do to complete a full face until you have enough product to do it at home.