Do you custom mix your foundation?

elektra513

Just curious of what the WoC consensus is...

If so, is it a pain to do? And what shades, how many different ones?

Thanks so much
greengrin.gif

elektra513

Ok, me first: Nope, I'm lazy, in the fact that I have found a "good" shade in NW43, but I know that if I tried I could blend a better one. It's my forehead that mucks it up for the rest of my face. But sunscreen is making it less noticeable
smiles.gif

Oops, I forgot to mention that if you choose "NO" it doesn't have to mean that you're lazy, just that you've found your perfect shade in one bottle. If that is the case, please post your response. Thanks!!

prinzessin784

NW15 works pretty well for me. Sometimes it's a little dark, but I blend it with Fix+ and it looks perfect. I find the shade varies from product to product though. My Select SPF is a bit darker than my Moistureblend. Weird, huh?

knoxydoll

I sometimes do depending on how lazy I am. Not for everyday but when I'm doing something special or have a lot of time I do.

MACaholic76

I'm too lazy to mix. NC42 and 43 are too light for me. NC45 is too orangy. C6 is perfect, BUT, they only make it in the powder and the face & body (which is a tad light).
I gave up on foundation.
ssad.gif

Me220

I don't have to mix because I found the perfect shade in MilanMinerals. It's awesome for me.

calbear

Depending on the formula - I mix. Studio Mist in Dark is perfect in the winter but I add a bit of Deep Dark for the summer. I mix NC45 and 50 in Studio Fix fluid to get the perfect shade and then I add some other things like the Bronze effects for the perfect glow.

So I have no problems getting my chemisrty set on ;-)

MACaholic76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me220
I don't have to mix because I found the perfect shade in MilanMinerals. It's awesome for me.

I keep hearing great things about MilanMinerals. I visited their site but found it difficult to find a match because their swatches dont appear too clear.
How is their customer service?

jess98765

i usually don't have to mix, but when i got my NC 30 studio fix fluid it was in winter when i was really light. But then it suddenly got a lot warmer, i got a lot tanner with still a good 1/2 bottle of it left. so i then went out and got the NC44 in SFF. i mixed them together to give an inbetwen shade, which luckily worked ok for me

greeen

I use BE and I mix the powder with unscented lotion to create a dream matte mous type of foundation. Then I buff on a thin layer or BE in regular old powder format. Sounds crazy but my skin looks pretty nice lol

NaturallyME

i use studio fix i n Nw45 and it looks good everywhere except my forehead which need the most coverage b/c thats my problem area...::tear:: But im extremely too lazy and too broke to try EVERYTHING until i find the perfect look

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACaholic76
I keep hearing great things about MilanMinerals. I visited their site but found it difficult to find a match because their swatches dont appear too clear.
How is their customer service?

The customer service is great, Candace, the woman who runs the company and site, is very helpful and if you send her a picture and some information about your skin color, she will help you pick out a sample to match.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I have my powder and liquid foundations mixed for me at a Prescriptives Custom Blend counter. It is more expensive but it is def worth it. I don't like MAC face products, and I love Prescriptives' formulas, but their ready-made products are either too light with the correct undertone, or too red, with a good depth. I have a spring/summer and fall/winter powder and just one foundation (because liquid is no fun in the summer anyway).

ette

Yes, I mix Kevyn Aucoin SX03 Sensual Skin Enhancer with RCMA Foundation Thinner (1 drop) and Strobe Cream.