Do you know a lot about makeup?

PeachTwist

To be honest - I find a few of the questions on there to be bullshit.

Wash brushes once a month?! I wash mine after every use, but maximum I'd leave them is a week.

Eye shadow applied first? Personal preference.

Expiry of eye shadow? Bullshit.

Concealer lighter than foundation? Personal preference. Some people prefer the under eye area to be lighter.

I wouldn't worry about a low score, lol.

geeko

I esp agree on the part regarding concealer. If u have super dark undereyes and u use a lighter shade of concealer...u are goin to end up looking ashy on the under eye... u need a corrector for that.. and dark plus light = grey/ashy. So i think using a lighter shade of concealer does not work for me at least unless i mix it with a corrector.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I moved this thread to Cosmetic Discussion, as it's not strictly about MAC. My score was 40%. I agree with PeachTwist; some of those questions are BS. 1) I actually got this right according to the test. That said, some of the eyeshadows I have are fairly old and are still in great condition. 2) Got this one, too. 3) I was slightly baffled by this one. I said "yes" but the answer is "no"? (I'm guessing the answer is "no" because stuff can be sanitized?) 4) Yeah, their answer is BS. Granted, I don't wear makeup every day so I don't wash all my brushes every week -- only my foundation brush and any brush that I've used a cream with. But even the ones that aren't washed get spot cleaned. 5) Another BS one. Personal preference! (I actually answered 'Foundation' based on what most people do, even though lately I've been applying eyeshadow first.) 6) Meh. 7) Eye cream? Really? 8) This seemed to me like a trick question, somehow? 9) Knew that. 10) Maybe the asker was thinking about concealing blemishes and pigmentation, not undereye circles? That would explain the answer. (Even so, I never advise going lighter under the eyes anyway, especially not if you have dark circles.)