Do you tell people who purchased fake mac on eBay?

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_SiN_X
Hey I'm sure we're all on the same page here...

eBay are ridiculous, and MAC just compound the problem by not doing anything about it. They can work directly with Vero to crack down on all the fakes but they have wiped their hands of it...
If MAC can't be bothered and eBay can't be bothered then theres honestly nothing anyone else can do and that PISSES me off to no end.
I've lost hundreds of dollars on fake MAC and I know other have to but eBay doesn't care, MAC doesn't care, we are the only ones that care and when we try to do anything they take away our voice
th_dunno.gif

Stick to MAC stores if you want anything... Its the only safe way now

it's really not that easy for MAC to crack down the counterfeiters. This is especially true when the counterfeiters are located all over the world - could you imagine the legal costs and the fights involved to even get something like this to trial? every country's legal system is different.

at the end of the day it comes down to money. I am sure that MAC cares very much that there are fake items being sold. It damages their sales and their reputation (if the items are bad or dangerous).

eBay - they are harder to get through to. they have their policies on one hand, but then seem to also try the "hear no evil, see no evil" way of monitoring their auctions.

Dottles

I myself spotted some fake MAC brushes on eBay today. 24 "MAC Brushes" for £18. I DON'T THINK SO! Full of shit! I could tell immediately by looking at the product it was fake, within seconds I was like, "That's fake." and guess what? I don't even own any MAC as of yet - I'm poor right now and I've only just gotten addicted to makeup. ;[ But I have a huge list that goes up to about £2000 XD

Anyway, I just messaged the buyer to make them aware that the product they bought is fake. I also messaged the seller asking them if they could explain to me why their MAC brushes are fake when the ones I "have" (they don't know I don't own any MAC yet, haha) look completely different. I still haven't had a reply from them - so I messaged them again, and still no reply. Bastards.

BRAND NEW MACS PROFESSIONAL MAKE UP BRUSH SET 24 PIECE on eBay, also, Brushes Applicators, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 24-Sep-08 09:36:39 BST)

That's it there - the person has a lot of them for sale, as if anyone would sell 24 MAC brushes for the low price of £18, what are they on crack?