Do you use plastic bags at the grocery store?

capmorlovesmac

I always have fabric bags with me when I shop. When I buy vegetables or fruits at the grocery store that are loose I use the thin plastic bags for my trashcan in my bathroom.

COBI

I haven't used plastic bags in years; even when I go to non-grocery stores, I try to avoid getting more bags. At the non-grocery stores, I get many the odd look because even if I forget to bring a bag with me, I'll usually tell them that I am going to just carry it without a bag if that's okay.

The main reason I made the switch was because they pack the plastic so inefficiently typically; I would come home with 12 items and 8 bags.... WTF????

mizuki~

I re-use paper bags until they go bad and then recycle. I should invest in a cloth bag...
Quote:
Originally Posted by couturesista
I even suggested to a MUA @ MAC that they should get some Black reuseable MAC bags, because my FAFI bag is gettin really worn out! Yup, I use my FAFI bag for all my MAC purchases!

You are awesome!

Beauty Mark

I use cloth bags at the grocery store; Whole Foods sells some cute ones whose proceeds go to charity.

When I do get plastic bags, I use them to scoop the litter box.

MAC_Whore

DH and I only use paper.

I should start using those frickin' Sephora canvas shopper bags they keep throwing at me. I have like 4 now.

You know, MAC should really switch to regular boxes. I know the black boxes look cool and all, but it's just kind of unnecessary to add that layer of dye. Same with their bags. They should go to paper.

VDUB*BELLA

No hardly ever. Only time when I forget my reusable bags and I have a lot of items.

I am pretty anal actually ... I get all like "Nooo!! NO bag!" when they put a CD in a giant plastic bag LOL

aleksis210

I didn't when I lived alone! But now that I live with my bf and his brother..I don't really have a choice...but I need them for cat poo anyway!

mizzbeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDUB*BELLA
No hardly ever. Only time when I forget my reusable bags and I have a lot of items.

I am pretty anal actually ... I get all like "Nooo!! NO bag!" when they put a CD in a giant plastic bag LOL

Glad to see I'm not the only one saying "NOO don't give me a bag". It's really a pet peeve of mine when I go into MAC. One lipstick and I get a whole bag? WTF?
thmbdn.gif
I'm putting that little guy in his home, my purse! He needs to get used to his new cozy living spot.
th_DANCE.gif

Rennah

The 2 major grocery stores here never used plastic bags, they always had brown paper bags: http://budgetlexicon.files.wordpress...rocery_bag.jpg

But earlier this year, due to increased environmental awareness, both grocery chains introduced green bags: http://www.eves-best.com/greenbag-full.jpg

At first, at one store, they were free with every $50 spent. Now you can buy them for $0.99.

Some people forget to bring their green bags, though, so one store now uses plastic bags, while the other uses the brown bags - at no extra charge.

I think the green bags are a great idea to be used while grocery shopping, but some people took it too far and started using them as everyday totes! (They aren't cute! See Style Bermuda)

So... I use the green bags @ the grocery store.

At other stores, I don't usually purchase much so I just put it right in my purse.

V2LUCKY

You know I have to admit I'm not really good at the BYOB (bring your own bag) thing, I did buy the huge blue IKEA bag to bring to every store but I always seem forget it and feel bag when I get home. I really need to start buying the ones from the stores I regularly shop at, I even seen that the .99 cent store has them.

*Stargazer*

I get the plastic bags every tenth grocery trip or so. I need them for diapers and cat litter. Other than that, I use the reusable mesh/canvas ones.

ohnna-lee

After watching the Plastic Soup post I am really sadened and sicken by the use of plastic... really very bad situation we have put ourselves in. I guess at least fast food gives you paper...
tease.gif

Korms

I have noticed a lot of shops in the UK now ask if you require a bag instead of just popping your goods in one. WH Smith and Superdrug both do this and Tesco's don't put carrier bags on the checkouts anymore so you have to ask for one. I know Co-op plastic bags are bio-degradable after 3 years.

I only ever ask for a plastic bag if I have made an unplanned visit to the shops and bought something too big for my handbag. Plastic bags do come in handy sometimes though, like when I'm dying my hair and I need to wrap it in something to keep the heat in!