Do you use your Fake MAC products?

SkylarV217

I've read a lot of posts where people have unknowingly bought fake MAC ... I'm just wondering what you do with the stuff after you find out it is fake ?

MACATTAK

Awhile back I was buying empty pigment jars, with a little residue on them (good for a few uses). There were some really "good fakes" mixed in with some authentic pigments (I didn't question it, since there were some authentic ones). Due to using these "good fakes," I broke out in a rash on my eyes that was extremely itchy, and bumpy. I unknowingly did this, but I would NEVER knowingly use a a fake product. Thankfully, I only got a rash. Who knows what could happen using these products.

TonyaB

The only fake MAC thing I think I bought was the #266 brush. I used it up until the bristles started poking out and I knew a MAC brush wouldn't do that. By then I was switched to liquid eyeliner - I mainly used the #266 for my Liner cream.
I do still use it occasionally for e/s on my outer corners.
I'm too cheap to go buy a real new one.

Xqueeze_me

Keep them for future reference!

edit: I only use them for swatch references but other than that, I don't use them. (Thanks panda0410! hahaha)

redambition

i agree with panda and xsqueeze_me - keep them for comparison purposes, otherwise toss them.

brushes though... i have to say that if i were faced with being stuck with a fake brush i'd be tempted to wash/sterilise it and use it, if nothing else to see how it compared.

julie150463

LOL - I used to send mine to Panda & X-Queeze me although hopefully my fake buying days are well and truly over!

I've never heard of anyone being blinded by a fake brush but absolutely not to any form of cosmetic applied to the skin.

kristina ftw!

I got a couple of eyeshadows off of Strawberrynet, and later there has been speculation that Strawberrynets' eyeshadows are fake. I haven't depotted them, so I don't know for sure, but they are IDENTICAL to the real deal, both in color and pigmentation/texture. I've never gotten a rash or anything either, so I use them. Again though; I don't know for sure these are fake. I might've gotten lucky.

greeneyes81

The only fake MAC i ever got was a 150 brush -- and i'm still using it only because I haven't had the money to shell out for a real one LOL. it does kinda suck though
ssad.gif
scratchy as hell!

Susanne

I never buy MAC at ebay. And I would never use a fake MAC product. I know it is expensive, but I save my money for real products!!

Bagpuss

I am one of those unfortunates that made the mistake first and then researched and learned about fake brushes (in the naive "whoodathunkit" category). Anyway, I have since bought 5 authentic brushes for the majority of my makeup needs.......I still use the fakes to supplement and do the gooey- gunky jobs so that I can baby the MACs.

rockin26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristina ftw!
I got a couple of eyeshadows off of Strawberrynet, and later there has been speculation that Strawberrynets' eyeshadows are fake. I haven't depotted them, so I don't know for sure, but they are IDENTICAL to the real deal, both in color and pigmentation/texture. I've never gotten a rash or anything either, so I use them. Again though; I don't know for sure these are fake. I might've gotten lucky.

Does Strawberry.net have fake MAC? I thought for sure they would be legit off there?

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin26
Does Strawberry.net have fake MAC? I thought for sure they would be legit off there?

It's most likely that they were not aware that the items were counterfeit - once this was pointed out to them they pulled all the MAC off their site. They have now started selling MAC again, but as usual it's caveat emptor.

HeavenLeiBlu

I haven't been caught out there, yet ( thank goodness), but I'd probably throw it away. Preferably into the seller's face. LOL

xwp

I use my fake brushes for halloween and theathre-makeup - and trow everything else in the garbage. I don' trust strawberrynet, so the only mac-products I've bought there were lipglosses.

abbyquack

I have bought a couple brushes from eBay that are fake, and I use the 150 sometimes because it still performs the same functions and is a really good fake b/c there's really nothing wrong except it's a little rougher than I would assume the MAC 150 to be. I don't use the 227 I got because it's totally ghetto.

I don't buy from ebay anymore, but if I had ever bought a fake makeup product, I would toss it - you have no idea what they're using in those products gross.

I bought a fake 208 once and I wasn't about to use it on my eyes. I don't know what kind of hair that is, or if it was cleaned or what. Definitely tossed it.

sheisfree

I bought some fake eyeshadows on Ebay once, but luckily I noticed before too much time had gone by, and was able to get all my money back via PayPal. Good thing I decided to try depotting or I never would have know. I'm fairly new to MAC so I can't tell the good fakes from the real things sometimes.

Hilly

I bought a fake NARS brush...no wonder it hurt and sucked in application lol. I still have it- don't know why tho.